Chapter 4: Reflections

Author's Note: hey everyone! I know it's been a long time since my last update but my life has been insanely crazy. Anyway, here is the next chapter, I hope you guys like it, and I don't think I mentioned this (so if you haven't looked at the cast list then you won't have seen) but Clara is played by Sara Bareilles. :)
EDIT: Chapter 3 isn't showing up on my iPad so I don't know if readers on mobile are having any problems. Anyway, please let me know if you can see it or not. I have tried sorting this out but I still don't know if it's just my app or if the story is effected. If you can't see it on mobile, you should be able to see it in desktop but I know that's impractical so I'll try sorting it. Anyway enjoy reading!

Song for this chapter – Hold Back the River by James Bay

Clara's eyes felt like they couldn't open as if her mind couldn't process the light. Slowly, she brought her hand up to her face, letting out a low groan and shading her eyes from the light. She opened her eyes slowly, blinking a few times before being able to see properly. She looked around the room, taking in all of the objects. A thousand thoughts ran through her head and as she tried to push herself up she felt something soft underneath her fingertips. It was her room. How did she get home last night? She could remember leaving the party but after that, the whole night was kind of a blur. She heard something buzzing next to her on the bedside table and as she turned to find out what it was a sharp pain shot through her neck. Her hand flew up to her neck and she hissed in pain.

"What the hell?" Clara mumbled to herself, getting up and stumbling over to her mirror. She narrowed her eyes at her reflection, not exactly recognising herself. Her eyes trailed to the dark bruise covering one entire side of her neck. She didn't really understand what had happened but she was getting an increasingly sickening feeling. She heard another buzz and jumped.

Her phone was buzzing and Clara only just caught it as it fell off of the side table. She looked at the notifications on her phone.

Matt - 3 missed calls
Caroline – 4 missed calls
Elena – Clara, please answer.
Caroline – We need to talk...
Caroline- Please answer.
Matt – Clara, are you okay?!

She scrolled through endless texts and missed calls. Rolling her eyes she threw her phone on her bed, walking over to her dresser and looking out her outfit for the day. She settled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a simple grey sweater.
After getting changed she heard her phone buzzing again. She ran to see who it was and swiftly accepted the call. Before she could even get a word out, Matt was shouting down the line.

"Clara! Where the hell are you?" She pulled the phone away from her ear momentarily, almost deafened by the volume of his voice. She frowned to herself when she realised what he had said.

"What are you talking about, Matty? I'm at home..." She was more than confused now. How had he not known that she was in her own bedroom?

"What?!" Matt seemed to be just as confused as Clara and she just sent him a noise of confirmation, not completely understanding what was going on.

"Well, where were you this morning?" He threw another question at her as if he was trying to catch her out. Clara frowned again.

"In my bed?" She didn't mean for her sentence to come out as a question. But Matt's confusion made her unsure.

"Hold on, I'm coming home." He muttered, the confusion not leaving his voice for a second. Clara went to object but all she heard was the noise of him hanging up.

Great, now Matt seems to think I'm some sort of lunatic...

Clara finished getting herself ready, applying simple makeup and brushing through her hair before giving up on looking good. She realised that, although Matt was probably only at the grill, she still had quite a bit of time to kill. She quickly pulled on her headphones and decided to tidy her room a bit, dancing all around the place.