Glossary

¹IRL content: broadcasting your real life, such as hobbies like painting, making music, etcetera.

²League of Legends: is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Riot Games.

³SKT T1: a professional gaming team based in South Korea. Better known in the League Of Legends competitive scene.

⁴Twitch raid: gives creators the opportunity to redirect their remaining viewers to a channel of their choice after the end of the stream. The forwarded viewers are sent to the channel page of the new streamer and are also part of the new chat there.

⁵Grandmaster: in League of Legends there are divisions on their ranked system. This division helps to order the players depending on their game level. From worse to better is: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Grandmaster, Challenger.

⁶Discord: a chat platform with text channels and voice channels. (Not incredibly sure about this fact right here, but I guess it's more normal in the gamer world. At least every streamer and gamer usually uses Discord.)

⁷Mid Laner: a game position in League of Legends. In the map, there are three lanes, Top Lane, Mid Lane and Bot Lane. Since in the Mid Lane there goes only one player, the position is called Mid Laner. (The other positions are Top Laner, Jungler -doesn't go to any lane-, AD Carry -ADC, bot lane- and Support -also bot lane-).

⁸Riot Games: an American video game developer, publisher and esports tournament organizer.

⁹Faker: one of the most known League player in the world, SKT T1's Mid Laner. He's considered the best player of League and is a legend of its competitive scene and for the fans as well.

¹⁰Apex Legends: a free-to-play battle royale-hero shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts.

¹¹Predator: as League of Legends, Apex has a ranking system in which you play rankeds and gain RP (Ranked Points) which qualify you to enter certain ranks that show your game skills. In order from worst to best: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Apex Predator.

¹²Game seasons: it's normal that games have seasons in which the meta (how the game is played) changes for new air, content the players and try to collect more public.

¹³Minecraft: a sandbox video game originally created by Markus "Notch" Persson. It is maintained by Mojang Studios, a part of Xbox Game Studios, which in turn is part of Microsoft.

¹⁴Carry: a term used in team games where one person wins the match for everyone else. The rest of the team is either useless or just plays a supporting role to the one person who "carried" the team.

¹⁵FPS: First-Person Shooter.

¹⁶VALORANT: a free-to-play first-person hero shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows.

¹⁷Beta: the first state of the game; some people test it and the recollected information helps to correct problems before the official launching of the game.

¹⁸Twitch Drops: enables a streamer to grant in-game rewards to their Twitch community when playing certain games or when they complete in-game missions. It basically gives loot when watching the streamer.

¹⁹Duo: a partner for playing online games with, to hop into a matchmaking queue as a pair.

²⁰Kartrider: an online multiplayer racing game for mobile phones developed by Nexon Korea Corporation.

²¹Radiant: as with the other games, VALORANT has a ranking system, from worst to best: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Immortal, Radiant.