Chapter 6

Penelope's P. O. V:

The next morning, I get up and dressed in a black shirt sleeved shirt with tigers printed on it and my plain black jodhpurs.

I had planned to practise trick riding today.

I head downstairs and get some toast and jam as I see Grandpa sitting at the table with some coffee and the newspaper.

"Going to practise trick riding today?" He asks as I sit opposite him with my breakfast.

I nod my head. "Yup."

"Good. Because I was able to find someone who can give you lessons. There's a County Show coming up, isn't there?" I nod again. "And I hear you're giving a performance beforehand."

"No one except Sam knows about it," I say, taking another bite of my toast.

"Well, your new instructor will meet you in the arena in an hour," Grandpa says.

I smile as I swallow and say, "Thanks, Grandpa!" I quickly finish my breakfast then wash up before I grab my jacket. I kiss Grandpa's cheek before I pedal fast to the stables.

When I get there, I get Bella tacked up in her trick riding gear and lead her to the arena, but I don't bring my helmet with me.

"Pippa!" I turn when Mia calls to see her striding toward me with Susie. "Are going to practise?"

"Yeah," I say. "Sorry, but no one's allowed to watch."

Susie looks disappointed. "Oh. I was hoping we could."

"I knew I d seen you somewhere before!" Mia says. "I saw one of your shows in England! You and Bella were incredible!"

I have to smile at that as I say, "Thanks. I'd love to stay and chat, but I've gotta go and meet with my instructor."

They nod as Susie says, "Ok. Good luck!"

I tug Bella forward and we enter the sandy arena. Waiting by the fence is a woman with long red hair and blue eyes.

"Hello Pippa. I'm Stacy Brooks. Your grandfather has asked me to instruct you on your trick riding."