our start

The posters had been up everywhere. From store windows to lamp posts they were there. All of them, in bright lettering read, "COME APPLY TO THE FAZBEAR MEGA PIZZAPLEX TODAY!!" It almost came to her like a prophecy. Following her around no matter where. Either that or this place was desperate for workers.

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing for the girl since she was desperate for work as well. It didn't really matter whether she wanted to work there or not. Her fate might as well have already been sealed. Either that or the timing was good as hel.

~~~

"Hey mom, what do you think of that Fazbear place downtown? You think it's a good place for a college student?" I murmured on the phone. While holding the phone with the force of my head against my shoulder, I began clicking through the links that led me to various job sites.
"I'm not sure sweetheart but I know that your little brother had been mentioning it to me. Why?" She questioned on the other line. I shrugged my shoulders despite the fact that she wasn't there in person.
"I dunno, it's just been on my mind lately. Could be a bad sign. But then again it's just a stupid arcade right?"
"I'm not sure y/n, it's whatever you want." she sighed, sounding a bit frustrated. I knew it was because I'd been calling her for a few weeks asking what she thought about different jobs I'd brought up. "Look I gotta go babe, your dad and I need to leave in about 15 minutes, can you start heading over to pick up your brother?" she asked quickly.
I'd completely forgotten about babysitting but played it off.
°Yeah I was putting on my shoes right now. I'll see you when I drop him off alright?"
"Alright y/n, don't let him stay out too late." She hung up.
Closing the computer, I left to go grab my brother.

~~~

I began pounding my fist on the door yelling for my brother to let me in. I was sure that he was playing video games in his room so I did it loud enough that he'd hear. It'd also been cold outside so I was eager to get to the running car as soon as possible.

His small footsteps ran down the loud stair and I could hear his excitement.
"You're here!!" He practically shouted.
"Yup! You ready to go Mateo?" I said, trying to give the same energy back.
"Yeah!" He said rushing out of the house. I made sure to lock it and head to the driver's seat. My brother sat in the back seat due to the fact that he was too young to sit in the front for safety reasons.
"Hey y/n where are we going?" He questioned with his small legs swinging back and forth.
"Ehh I really can't tell you... It's a secret." I snickered.
He groaned and smiled while I continued driving.

~~~

"FREDDY FAZBEARS???" He screeched as I unlocked the car doors.
I chuckled and nodded while he continued trying to process the fact that he was there.
We began walking towards the giant building. I figured that it'd be a good decision to check out the place while taking Mateo there.

We walked through the doors and were almost immediately greeted by employees. I could've sworn that the poster said they were short on employees, but by the looks of it, that couldn't have been the case.
"Hi, welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex! What can I do for you today?" The female employee asked me.

"Oh uh, I just wanted to take my brother Mateo here to play." I said nervously, due to the fact that I'd never been there before.

"Well you're in luck ma'am, follow me to the front desk and ill show you the different play packs we have!"

After a few minutes of hearing about the different deals they had, I decided to go along with the Mega pack or whatever It was called. It allowed my brother to have access to pretty much every children's facility in the PizzaPlex. I figured that letting him have fun was no harm.

As soon as I adjusted the green wristband on him, he ran as fast as he could to whatever was in store. I chuckled and sat in one of the different seats placed in front of the stage where the performers most likely performed. It was quite large for just an 'arcade'.

Just as I'd been settling into the place, a loud announcement had gone off.

"Just a reminder that Freddy and the gang will be performing in less than 5 minutes!! I repeat, 5 minutes!!"

I began to face towards the stage to see what was going on. To my left I could hear small giggles and talking. I turned to face what was there and to my surprise it was a herd of small children, some being infants. They were being directed by some employees to a certain seating area next to mine. After the various employees were done helping with the kids, I noticed him.

It was a tall man with broad shoulders and a skinny body. Everything about him had stunned me. I was lost for words. The somewhat humiliating outfit he had on had fit his body right and his long slender fingers and arms had stood out to me. That was till I looked at his head and took a double take only to realize that... He wasn't a man? He had a sun shaped head and a smiling face on him. But He didt seem robotic either, despite the fact that his height was enormous. He moved slyly and human like and his mouth moved human like also. I figured it was the new technology that people had come out with.

Suddenly, out of the thing came a wave. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized he was looking towards me. I turned quickly to see if he was waving at anyone else in the forming crowd but to my surprise no one else had his attention. I looked back at him and his hand was still up. I gave him a small wave back with a small smile. He acknowledged me and went back to taking care of the children.

My stomach felt tingly and my face warm and by then I knew something was different about this place.

I then asked one of the nearby employees where I could sign up for a job