Follow

"Have you done what I asked?" as she looked at Zane as he nodded.
"I saw him leave too" as she smiled to him. The lights were blinding as she walked out.

Life really had taken a turn for her, she was watched constantly and she didn't love that but at least he knew she was safe when he could see her. She understood that peace of mind, something she too needed from him.

She walked around the scene and looked at the pictures of herself, ones she had picked out. Zane had done a good job of setting them up, she held it in when the officer called it a crime scene and she insisted on seeing it. She walked around calmly as she sighed to herself and officers still combing the place for me.

"I found something" as an officer dug into the back of a cabinet.
"A gun" as she flinched.
"It could be... the press conference" as she trialed off.
"We may have got him" as she smiled at them.

Byron flinched as she turned to him eyeing him knowing he was itching to tell Yoongi the news, he had called a few times but she needed to finish this as she walked around the crime scene gasping as new piece of evidence she had someone plant.

The photos of Miko and Jeigh on the desk and through the hall, how short sighted it was to give up the love you couldn't see in front of you. There had been something sad she had felt for her, that one epic love that gave up his life for her yet she couldn't look beyond herself to have appreciated it as her eyes lit up.

"The car, it was him" as Zane held her up when she stumbled.
"Are you ok?"
"Yes I need to go and see Yoongi" as he nodded.
"Sorry Sir, she needs some air and she can't do anymore today" as the officer nodded.
"We will get in contact if we need any information" as he nodded on her behalf as she looked down.

She sat in the car as the security escorts surrounded her and she looked around at the black suvs, after this she knew she wouldn't be able to get away with too much for a while.
"Are you ok?"
"I need to know what Byron has mentioned about Benson?"
"Only that if he hurt you, we would take him out" as her eyes widened "that wasn't from you?" as she shook her head.
"He is a diplomat's son, it would be complicated but he knows" as she closed her eyes.
"Knows about what?"
"Benson.. he tried to force himself on me"
"I am going to kill him" as she shook her head.
"Yoongi took care of it... I don't know why I didn't see it before" as she shook herself out of it.

She still had many questions and doubts about Miko as she endured the silence in the car, the silence she hated right now as her mind wouldn't stop racing. It ran circles around her as she closed her eyes.

"Where have you been?" as they closed the door to his office.
"We need to talk" as he waved Byron and Zane away and walked over to her holding her chin up looking at her, side to side and up and down making sure she was ok.
"I am fine" as she sighed.
"You are not, Miko would have hurt you" as he noted the bruise on her head she probably hadn't noticed yet.
"You mean the love of your life Miko?" as he chuckled.
"It's not funny"
"I have only had one love in this life and fortunately for me, she is alive and a real pain in my ass right now" as she looked at him unimpressed, pouting a little as he swiftly pecked her on the lips before looking into her eyes.

She could feel the red rush to her cheeks "not how she described it" as she tried to deflect.
"She also tried to take you in broad daylight, I wouldn't call that sane" as she rolled her eyes.
"Love does that doesn't it" as he sighed.
"Is my princess jealous?" as he smirked a little.
"I am not your princess" as she crossed her arms.
"No you are a lot more than that" as he softened.

"What are Jeigh and Miko to you?" as he sighed.
"They were friends when I was young, before I lost my parents and then I was alone. Until you came along I was fine, I was content... and now I am more afraid to lose you than I have ever lost anyone in my life" as she wrapped her arms around him "if anyone hurts you they will cease to exist and I will get away with it"
"You know about Benson" as he wrapped his arms around her tightly, his silence didn't bode well for her "are you the reason he avoids me like the plague now?"

"The car, was that you?" as he nodded into her hair.
"Byron told you?" as she shook her head.
"Miko did the moment she realised she loved Jeigh when he was taken away, its the things you can't see that are right in front of you" as she looked into his eyes, he hadn't denied it.
"So it's right in front of you but you can't believe that I didn't love Miko cause she loved me?" as she closed her eyes.
"I don't know what I believe" as she looked into his eyes.
"I should have told you" as he sighed.

"But why didn't you tell me about Benson?" she could hear the pain in his voice.
"You weren't here then, I was alone then..." as he sighed, he had always doubted leaving her. Part of him always knew he had to but he had wondered if he could have gotten to where he was regardless of if she was around.
"I should never have left you"
"So you know I was right" as he chuckled.
"Is this going to be what my future looks like?"
"Damn straight" as he pressed his lips to her, it was soft but wanting as his tongue found hers. What was soft turned hard and she forgot to breath, she forgot everything around her as she sunk into him.

"We need to go, your parents are calling" as she pulled away from him.
"Please get a doctor to check her over, the bruise on her head. Get a scan and get it treated, also smoke inhalation" as they both nodded to him.
"You don't take orders from him" as he chuckled.
"I will an update when the results come" as she protested to him, he pressed his lips to her head "keep her safe, Miko is still out there"

"I don't think she is the one you should be worried for" as she smiled at Zane.
"One more minute as they both left to wait outside the door" as she turned to smile at him.
"Tell me why you followed Miko" as her face changed.
"Do you really worry about Miko hurting me or that I will hurt her?"
"Only you" as she sighed "you still don't believe me" she pressed her forehead to his chest.

"I missed you before I even met you, I had felt alone before you came along and it was a longing that felt like it would engulf me. I didn't even realise and had always thought of it as content but fulfilled also feels the same... is it possible to need someone you don't know?" as she pressed her lips to his cheek.

He caught her wrist as she turned away pulling her back into him, wrapping his arms around her waist as his lips pressed to the back of her hair "I love you, it will always be you. I have never loved anyone else"
She slowly intertwined her fingers in his sinking back into him as her head rested on his shoulder, his lips pressed down the hollow of her cheeks till he found her lips as she ceased to breath in moments like this.