Chapter One

It's the morning of the Reapings in each of the 12 Districts. Everyone knows how these work, two names are drawn of a boy and a girl. Ages 12-18. To go fight to the death in the arena. Only, this time. It's different. The names are still drawn at random, but the gender of the tribute does not matter.

    In District one we end up with Giorgia, age 14 and a part of the career tributes. Then there's Zeke Dumbar, 18. He is great at fathering, eating, climbing, photography and trivia. You ask him anything on the history of Panem, bam, he has your answer.

    District two, Alex May and Sofie James. 18 and 16. Male and female. Alex is fast, strong, smart and can handle a knife and axe. He has that care free attitude as well. Sofie James. She's smart, fast and strong as well. Both of these two are career tributes along with the tributes from District one.

    District three, Kennedy Rose and one other. Kennedy volunteered for her 12 year old sister. Who, tried to kill her for it when they said goodbye. The second tribute, no one really knows. They found this tribute to be a bit, odd. No one payed attention to them.

    District four, An Davidson, 15. Climber, athletic, and strong. Rachel. 16, weapons are a snitch. She can climb, gather, and set traps.

    District five, Althea. Greek name but not Greek. She is 16 and fun loving. She skilled in throwing knives, climbing running and as she says, "Winning." The second tribute? No one is sure, but they think he just walked up to the stage, got down, and left. He really didn't care.

    Making it to District six, we meet Courtney and one other. Courtney, aged 15 years and is already a champion in her skills. Archery, knife throwing, running and climbing. Her counter tribute, she wasnt as skilled. She seemed to be on the side of "I don't want to do this. Can I leave now?" Side of things.

    In Districts seven through nine, both tributes would just climb the stage, then bow and walk to where they needed. They knew they wouldn't return. They had no skills and were afraid of this. They knew they would die soon. And they were ready for it.

    In District ten, Danielle, 16, and good at preparing food, gathering and fighting makes her appearance to the world. She is joined by Kristen, 18 and ready to go. Both girls are determined to win this.

    District eleven introduces two smart, strong, and talented tribute girls. Otillie Edenthaw, age 16 and Lezza Rand, age 17. Both girls are ready to fight and win. Hoping for both to come out alive. But will this even happen this year?

    Finally, in District twelve we meet our last two tributes. Tally Longbottom and another girl. Tally is strong, fast, talented in sword skills and great at camouflage. The other girl, she is quite, no one really knew her. But they sensed she would missed. They salute both girls with three fingers pressed to their lips and then lifted in the air.

                                            * * *

     Each of the tributes enjoyed their train ride to the Capitol. Talking with their mentors, getting to know each other and learning what it takes to win.

   They told stories of home and would show what each person brought from home. From a necklace their mother gave them as a child, to a journal to make an account of what happens.

    They know what they are in to. They know what will happen. They know only one will come out. Alive. It has only happened one other time where two tributes were aloud to win. The 74 Hunger Games. Two tributes from the same district were aloud too live if they were the only ones left in the in. Crowing two victors. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. But that was years ago. Things are different. The games can be in predictable now.

                                              * * *

     After spending time in the Training Center, the tributes had built their skills enough to show the Game Makers their ability.

    One at a time, each tribute went into a room, alone, with the Game Makers. There they would preform something. Something to their ability and skill. Something to amaze the world. They did something that no on knows. They showed the Game Makers what they can do. And they were scored based off of this.

(Click the link in the comments to view the scores)

                                              * * *

     Caesar Flickerman still does the interviews, he still asks each tribute questions and they still answer him. Some of their answers can scare you, some move you, and some just make you wish you had a tomato to throw. But, these tributes knew exactly what to say. They knew exactly how to catch the crowd. Each one would say perfect responses, shocking Flickerman and the world.

(Click the link in the comments to view the interview answers.)

                                              * * *

     It's finally they day. The tributes know what is going to happen. They will climb into the hovercraft. The hovercraft will carry them to their destination, the arena. Their death. Or, for one, their victory.

Along the way to the arena, a tracking device is placed into each tributes arm, letting the Game Makers keep an eye on them in the games. No one wants their toys to disappear now do they?

    As they each step out of the hovercraft, onto their pedestal, they each look around at each other. That look that says "I'm takin home the trophy. Get in my way, you're dead." Or the look that says, "I am going to die. Please tell them I love them, my family."

The countdown begins and the Tributes await quietly until the countdown ends.

10

.

.

.

9

.

.

.

8

.

.

.

7

.

.

.

6

.

.

.

5

.

.

.

4

.

.

.

3

.

.

.

2

.

.

.

1

The sound of a canon goes off.

The games have just begun and the tributes scatter.