CHAPTER 22: REVENGE OVER MY ANGEL

Alessio pov~

FLASHBACK (seven years old)
My mommy sat on the big sofa chair with a book on her big round belly, She looked so comfortable and she had a small smile on her face.

From where I was sitting on the floor,
while arranging my puzzles, I saw her slowly rubbing circles over her stomach.

My baby sister was in there. Papa and
Mommy called her a princess. Why didn't they call me a prince? I wanted to be a prince!
But Mommy called me her sweet boy, so
that was okay.

"Mommy, can l feel the baby?" I asked
softly. Mommy looked up with eyes the same color as mine. She smiled.

"Of course, baby. Come here. " She
motioned for me to get up as she placed the book on the small table beside her.

I quickly got up and ran to her. Mommy
patted her lap and I climbed up and sat down on her lap, nestling into her chest.

She took my hand and placed it on her round belly. As soon as my palm made contact with her stomach, I felt a hard kick.
My eyes widened and I sucked in a shocked breath.

"She kicks hard, "I whispered.
You used to kick harder, "Mommy replied
laughing.

"Really?" I looked up at her with wide eyes.
She nodded and made a humming sound.

"You were a very strong baby."
I like being strong!" The baby kicked again and I smiled. I couldn't wait to see my baby sister.

"Mommy, I will always protect princess!"
I said, looking at her stomach in awe. Papa always said that as her big brother, I had to protect her. And I vowed I would.
I won't ever let anything happen to
princess, I thought as I rubbed my small hand over Mommy's round stomach.

Mommy placed a kiss on my temple and
started humming some songs. She liked
playing the piano and she was always
humming. That would be our daily routine.

Before going to sleep, she would play the piano for some time while humming. Most times,I would fall asleep on the
sofa, listening to her play.

We sat there for a while and then I heard a knock on the door. Looking up quickly, I saw Papa leaning against the door, looking at Mommy and me with an amused smile on his face.

"Papa!"I exclaimed loudly, quickly jumping off Mommy's lap and running into his open arms. He pulled me up and hugged me tight to his body. I missed him so much. He had been gone for a few days, but now he was back

"Hey there, my boy. How are you?" he
asked.

"I'm good. I was feeling princess moving."

"Oh, really?I want to feel too, "he said with a small laugh, walking us back toward where Mommy was sitting. He stopped beside the couch and smiled down at her.

Mommy had a big smile on her face, and she looked peaceful as she stared at Papa. He placed a hand on her stomach and asked, 'How is our princess?"

She is kicking a lot lately, "Mommy said,
placing her hand over his.
Papa let me down and then leaned forward kissing Mommy on the lips.