Six Months of Waiting

Six months... Six months have passed since the gigantic bioweapon, Haos was destroyed. Piers did sacrificed himself, but Chris came back for him anyways. He couldn't leave him there, knowing that he's still aware of what is happening around him.

Six months have passed until Piers was finally getting better. Chris couldn't take him to a normal hospital of course. Instead, he asked Sherry for help.

They kept Piers in Sherry's lab until they find the cure. Stopping the mutation process wasn't easy of course, but it wasn't something that they couldn't handle.

Sherry wasn't asking many questions. She believed Chris, that he's doing it for Piers. The only question she asked Chris about was the circumstances of infection. Chris knew that it's gonna take some time.

But he wasn't patient at all. He didn't want to see Piers plugged into all these machines. He wanted the best for him. Chris was willing to do anything to see Piers getting better.

And finally, after six months, he looked better. He felt better. After all this time, Chris could finally talk to his friend. But, after such a long time words don't come easy, huh?

"Hey Piers..."

"... C-Chris...?"

"It's me..."

"W-Wha... W-What h-happened...?"

"Well, after destroying the B.O.W. you decided to make a sacrifice."

"W-What did I sacrificied?"

"You were willing to sacrifice your life. You said that you did it for the BSAA."

"Then, w-why am I h-here?"

"I came back for you. You really don't remember what happened?"

"N-No... W-where am I?"

"We're in Sherry's labolatory. Taking you to a normal hospital wasn't a good idea you know?"

"Guess you're r-right..." Piers tried to sit down.

"Wait! Let me help you." Chris helped his friend and sat on the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"B-Better now..."

"I'm happy to hear that. Let me know if you need anything."

"Actually... W-What will happen to me?"

"What do you mean?"

"T-The job. A-Am I fired?"

"Of course not! Actually..." Chris reached his pocket and pulled out a BSAA patch from it. "You're still in team. Of course I understand if you don't want to."

"H-How long have you waited t-to say that?"

"Way too long..."

"Six months to be exact." Sherry said walking into the room. "I see you're better now. I'm sorry Chris, but I have to check something on him. Can you give us a moment?"

"Sure. But there's one thing that can't wait any longer."

"What is it?" Sherry asked.

As soon as Chris got up, he walked closer to Piers and kissed him. It shook him strong enough that both of his eyes opened.

"If you're infected don't ask me for help!"

"Why would I be?"

"Chris!"

"Fine! I'm leaving."

"Finally!"

"C-Chris?"

"Yes?"

"D-Don't go too far."

"You want more?" Chris joked.

"You w-wish."