The Middle

When I looked upon my window, I had realized that the harsh winter had given its last breath and the sky started showing off signs of life instead of death. I was amazed on how the deceased grass was quickly replaced by new ones. Also, the fields became dotted with various flowers that were forgotten in the winter. I felt renewed. I quickly changed my pyjamas into my uniform. This is going to be a nice day. I was ready to conquer the school with my new look.

I went to my cousin's house to wake her up. To my surprise, she was still sleeping. I poured cold water on her face. Her shocked expression was phenomenal. If only I can record it... As I laughed my soul out, she punched me on my stomach. I stayed in a fetal position for a few minutes as I fought the agony spreading in my upper body. Once the pain was gone, I stood up and searched for her. She was already waiting for me to leave the house.

While we were walking down the street, she already made a few laps before I realized it. I was astonished at how much energy her little body can store up in a morning. I let her run around and Parkour her way to school. Besides, I didn't want to ruin her mood.

As we reached our destination, we met our acquaintances from school. We chatted with them for a while. It seemed like everyone changed a bit in the summer vacation. It was a nice feeling.

The rusty gate of The Great Grandfather soon opened itself. It was painstakingly difficult to watch it open. They need that to change it soon. We entered our school. Then, we went to our separated ways. My cousin was a year younger than me. It was inevitable that we had different classes.

After our classes, we meet each other in the cafeteria with our crew. The cafeteria was quickly filled by students. Usually, it was strenuous work to find a spot there. The amount of broken tables that were present was unacceptable.

I tried searching for my cousin and our gang. Well, I would not have been if I was not the tardiest person in the whole group. Today was not an exception. With her dynamic poses and loud voice, it was easy to detect where my cousin was. “Chichi! Stop balancing yourself on a chair! You might hurt yourself again!” I shouted as I advanced myself to meet them.

Everyone was laughing at Chichi. At the same time, Chichi seemed like she was feeding herself from their energy. Sweet babies, this will turn bad.

She saw me and grinned. “Look at me! Look at me! I feel like I'm flying, Sam!”

“Are you out of your mind? Get off the chair immediately!”

“ You are not my fath-”

Her left foot slipped which made her fall from the chair. A split second later, her head hit the floor first. I told her so.

After a few hours, she woke up and asked me where she was. “You're currently in heaven,” I replied. She quickly jumped over her bed, shocked. “Of course, not! You're in the nurse's office and it's the end of the day already! Your head hit the floor and you fell unconscious,” I retorted. She just laughed at me and told me that she was ready to go home. However, I took that chance to scold at her about his misdeeds. Her attention was quickly diverted to something else.

I sighed loudly. She knew it was a sign of defeat. The nurse soon came and checked my hyperactive relative. “How many times have you been here? 5 times? 10? I don't even remember. You should stop doing reckless things,” the nurse mentioned. I looked at my cousin to see her reaction. She just nodded, but I was sure she was not even paying attention.

Once we were out of school, she started running around and jumping everywhere. Seriously, where does she get the energy? Oh well. At the end of the day, she was happy and so was I.