31

UNKNOWN

Friday, November 26, 2021. 1:48 AM

I stood in the cold warehouse office. I zipped up my coat and grabbed the manila folder I'd been working on for the past few months.

"Is she awake?" I asked.

Barry nodded.

I adjusted the collar on my coat and walked through the door. She was sitting at the empty table. Her wrists and ankles were zip-tied to the chair. I walked slowly, my heart race accelerated - knowing I was finally going to sit face to face with her - I refused to look at her until I was seated.

I slammed the folder on the table, then took a seat in the empty chair across from her. When I looked up, I kept a stoic face. Not relieving any of the emotions I was feeling. How that we had better lighting than that stupid club, I could see her face properly. She looked better than the photos in her file. Her hair was completely different. No longer long black and silky. It was now short, just past her ears. A dusty pink, it looked good. Brought more attention to her eyes. Her blues eyes that could pierce a soul. Her plump pink lips looked extremely kissable. Her tits were enough to make any grown man lose control.

I focused on what was happening. Opening the folder I began reading her the information I'd had memorized for weeks. "Harley Vance, 26 years old, 5 foot 4, accountant previously at Hansen and Company, now accountant for Styles Body Shop and Garage. Born in New Jersey to Rebecca and Seth Vance." I looked up at her again, "Does that all sound correct."

She pursed her lips and stayed silent.

I leaned over the table, "Alright, Harley. My name is Zayn Malik, I am second in command for the Suicide Kings. Do you know who the Suicide Kings are?"

Once again, she refused to speak.

"We run the other side of Alberqureqe, and we think it's time we finally get rid of the Devil's Aces and take control of the entire city," I explained a small portion of what I wanted. "I think you could help me out with that."

She tilted her head and leaned back in her chair. Revealing goosebumps all over her neck.

"Are you cold, Harley? Barry bring her a blanket or something. We can't have our guest freeze to death." I yelled.

The two of us sat quietly. Listening to the sounds of Barry huffing and puffing to drag a blanket into the brisk room. He laid it over her body, making sure it stayed at her shoulders. Her strange outfit was no longer visible.

"Better?" I asked.

She breathed through her nose and gave me a nice big smile.

"I know what you're thinking. Why I think you would ever help us? I flipped through the pages within the folder. Then spun it around so she could see the photos. "I don't think you want this being sent to the Feds, would you?"

The photo was of her and her ex-boyfriend Brock lifting a dead body into a dumpster.

"Where did you get this?" She shouted.

I pulled out several more photos from the crime scene, each more incriminating. "Does it matter? Look, we can help each other. I am pretty good friends with some high-up people and all of this."

I used my index finger to draw circles around one of the photos, "Can disappear in one phone call. All you need to do is play double agent for a while. Help me get more information about the Devil's Aces, and I'll make the call."

She carefully looked at each of the photos, then looked back up at me. "Zayn, was it?"

I nodded.

"What kind of information would I be getting?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Drug deals, dealers, new recruits, background on specific members. Simple stuff. I'm sure an accountant can handle it."

She scrunched her nose, "What would happen to the gang members when you get rid of the Devil's Aces?"

Interesting. She cares about the members. I thought about the outfit she was wearing when we grabbed her. The dress was clearly a man's shirt. "Oh, I see what's happening. You've developed a crush. Let me guess, Styles? He's always been quite a charmer."

I ran my hands through my hair, "Well, Miss Vance, Harry would likely be collateral damage. See I need every ounce of the Devil's Aces gone. That kid he takes care of, perhaps he could be a valuable asset to us."

"What happens to me? When all of this is done?"

I gathered all the images and put them in the folder. "I'll make that call, and you can do whatever you like."

She raised her eyebrow, "You wouldn't make me work for the Suicide Kings?"

This girl was smarter than I was giving her credit for. Asking the right questions. "If that's something you'd be interested in, I'd be happy to see what you could do for us. If not, you can walk away from men in leather jackets and motorcycles for the rest of your life."

She sat there for a few minutes, thinking about her options. "Where do we start?"