𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

I arrive at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport accompanied by Jenna, the lady in charge of my adoption and safe arrival in Paris. She's not a bad person despite looking like she has a stick up her ass. She even gave me her old phone so I could listen to music on the plane. As we walk into the baggage claim I see a familiar pair.

"There's your new legal guardians Dalia." Jenna points out the pair. They look nice enough. "They're names are Gisselle and Claude Rousseau."

"Welcome gone Dalia." They nod at Jenna and take me outside, "you can sit in the back seat."

"Giselle darling she must be starving, let's take her to Tom and Sabines bakery."

"Oh that's a wonderful idea! Maybe she'll even meet Marinette."

"Marinette? Who's Marinette?" I ask, extremely confused.

"She's Tom and Sabines daughter. You might get along." Giselle explains to me as I turn my music up to a eardrum shattering volume until we arrive in front of a bakery. A pretty guy with blue hair walking out of the door right as we got there.

"This is our stop!" Claude opens the door and as as he did a girl ran into the back of me.

"Ohmygoshimsosorry-" The girl blurted out, her hair is a navy blue color tied back into two pigtails. I mean they're cute.

"I'm ok, are you ok?"

She quickly nodded, "I'm Marinette, who are you? I don't think I've ever seen you around."

"Oh uh I'm Dalia. I'm new around here." I look over at Claude and Giselle noticing they're ready to head out, "see you around Marinette." We walk outside and I get a cute paper bag with 2 macaroons inside. "Oh thanks."

"No problem, I see you've met Marinette?"

"Yeah I did, she's cool."

"I'm glad you think so, you'll be going to a school with her starting tomorrow so let's head home." Claude starts the car, driving quickly out of there.

I was in awe when we arrive in front of a very fancy apartment with a crap ton of security and people with cameras outside, "are we in the right place?"

Giselle giggles, "yes we are. Put your hood up." I nod and do as she said. As soon as we got out of the car cameras started flashing. I quickly run into the building.

"What the hell was that?"

"I'm so sorry about that darling, we can't help it."

"We're models so I guess people wanna know what we're doing. Constantly." Claude explains.

"Oh. Oh ok." We walk into a penthouse, it's aesthetic is all white. Fitting. I mean I'd hate getting anything dirty in here

"Your room is upstairs. We'll show you where." I follow Giselle and Claude up the stairs and to a door near the end of the hall to a door with my name on it. I wonder whose room this is.

"Open it." Giselle urges.

"Alright," I open the door and my jaw drops, it's my dream room. It looks like something straight off of Pintrest. "Oh my god. This is perfect I love it! Thank you so much!"

"I told you she'd love it." She teases Claude before directing her attention back to me, "you can rest since you have school tomorrow."

I nod in appreciation, "thanks." As soon as the door shuts I jump into bed and I land on something? I grab what's under me and holy crap. A new phone?! I open the box and see a pink paper inside.

"Dear Dalia,

You're gonna need a phone to contact us, so just consider this a welcome home present.

With the most love,
Mom and dad"

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.