0.3: Pit Stop #1: Dihua Marsh

Your trek to the Harbor was everything but easy. Running into Treasure Hoarders, as Paimon informs you two about, getting caught up in neat little pranks you believe might have been set up for someone else, accidentally trapping yourself in the ruins, and much more that you're afraid the amount wouldn't fit your fingers. Maybe count with your toes?

Your trio spend nights camping out on what seems to be an endless amount. Your body is slowly getting used to the stiff Liyueian soil, but you long for a comfortable, fluffy mattress. You usually sleep early on in the night so that Aether can sleep the other half while you guard the area. On your seventh night do you only realize that the region of Liyue is massive in land size. You wonder how people travel great lengths just to get from one destination to another.

-

On the second day of your journey to the Harbor, your group comes across a Statue of The Seven. Paimon excitedly tells you and Aether to try resonating with it like in Mondstadt. Once again, you and Aether put your palms against the Statue, and this time, glowing miniature rocks circle you, and you feel your energy revitalized.

"Ooh, now you two can channel the Geo element. Let's find slimes to test them out!"

You let Aether kill the slimes first. He raises his arm and summons a boulder made of pure stone and bits of dirt. The Geo element glows from the top of the construct. It reflects the sunlight, making the emblem shine under the rays. Your eyes follow the blond's swift combat attacks, accumulating enough energy to execute his burst ability. You notice his attacks growing faster, when he suddenly slams his fist down to the earth. Spikes of golden stone shoot up around him in a large range. The stoney petals look dangerously beautiful, reminding you of somewhat of a rose—both beautiful, but both can hurt, too. You stare at your friend in awe and compliment his abilities.

"Paimon thinks you're doing a great job adapting to the element, Aether. Paimon can't wait to see your abilities when we travel to the other regions!" She turns to you, "It's your turn, Y/N."

You gulp, feeling a bit uneasy. You know for a fact that you won't be able to create something as flashy as Aether's, but it can't hurt to try, right?

"Don't limit yourself, or set expectations you know you can't reach. Baby steps, Y/N."

Thanking Aether for his encouraging words, you approach the pyro slimes hopping around the tree with sunsettias. It didn't take long for the blobs to notice you, and you soon materialized your weapon. Gripping the handle, you slash the slimes that approach you, sweat trickling down your forehead from the scorching sun and the heat from the slimes. When you feel like you have enough energy, you slide your foot, making a semi-circle. The nearby slimes are encased by stone and pop after being pierced by the stone cage. You're surprised by the outcome, however, you continue fighting. You can hear Aether and Paimon cheer for you in the background, and you give yourself a mental pat on the back.

Once you feel you're ready, you draw your weapon to the ground, and a massive dome of dirt and stone wraps the enemies. Splats of pyro slime condensate smother you, hinting that they were impaled inside. That last ability took out a lot on you, but it got the job done.

"WAH! Y/N! You did so awesome! That dome was so cool!"

Aether and Paimon shower you with compliments and you can't help but blush over them, "You two flatter me. I still think Aether did a really good job with his', though."

The boy shakes his head, "This time, you didn't need help from Paimon! The credits go to you."

Your face turns redder than a tomato only to make Aether laugh louder, "Alright, alright, I'll stop, but you really did do wonderful there."

You thank the two again and rest by the Statue as they talk about who-knows-what. You have to admit that the last attack took a toll on you, but your friends' compliments make it feel like it was nothing.

While resting, you look at your calloused palms and up to the sky. You wonder how things are at home. Has anyone noticed you were missing? You can only hope that they don't find the 'mirror' or else it'll raise more questions than answers. You really missed your comfortable life at home.

"Hey, Y/N. If you're ready to go, we should head out. There's a tall building just south of us that we can rest at for the night."

You nod at Aether who holds his hand out. You graciously accept it and hoist yourself up with his help, and venture out.