Chapter 76

I groped beside me, hoping to hug the person I'd love to wake up next to, to find an empty space. I heard the clinging of utensils coming from the kitchen. I sighed and let myself get comfortable and fall asleep but my mind went off to a schedule I have for today. I still had a workshop to finish, for only a week, thankfully. It had been two weeks since I started doing workshops and media training with everything I needed to learn in the industry of modelling. They helped me find my model face, I did not know there was such a thing like that, and they even taught me how to speak if being interviewed, what to say, what not. Actually, they taught me everything. I felt like I came back to college, the difference was in workshops it lasted a week or more depending on how much you lack and/or how many days or weeks you paid. 

  I was excited and nervous at first, if you'd be asking. But, that nervous feeling only lasted after three days of going back and forth to it. It is just a matter of adjusting and getting used to it.

  I forced myself to get up from my slumber. I yawned and stretched my body at the same time before swinging my legs on the edge of the bed. I walked to the kitchen to see Camila leaning on the tops, on her phone with an electric stove on her side, waiting, for what I smelt waffles, to be cooked. I pulled a stool before sitting on it, wiggling to get comfortable.

  "Good morning!", I said yawning, rubbing my eyes.

  Camila looked up, putting her phone away before turning her attention to the waffle maker beside her. She flipped it before getting a plate with a file of waffles on it, sliding it on the table, in front of me. 

  "Good morning!", she said before going back to the last piece. I stood up and got the plates and spoon and pork for us, as well as the syrup and whipped cream.

  Camila sat down on the opposite side of the table, placing down her phone beside her plate. She looked down on it smiling while somehow blindly putting a waffle on her plate.

  I eyed her, putting a waffle on mine and syrup on it not leaving a part of my waffle uncovered of syrup.

  "I thought we agreed not to use the phone in dining.", I said not looking at her, making it more like a statement rather than a question.

  "Oh, right.", I heard the turn off sound of her phone. There was a deafening silence between us but it was not uncomfortable, it's not comfortable either. It's honestly giving me an eerie feeling.

  "How was the promotion...? Or whatever you call it since the song won't be released until two days from now.", I said breaking the silence.

  "Everything is planned out, all we have to do is do it and wait 'til the song is released."
  "How about...", she paused chewing her food first, "...you?"

  "It's fun since I have never done that my entire life...and I'm glad that I'm enjoying it.", I replied with a small smile lingering my lips whilst the memories from the past days of the workshops flashing in my head.

  "It is giving me a new point of view of what you guys are really doing behind the scene, not just what the world sees, you know what I mean... It's not easy, I admit.", she chuckled with me agreeing with what I rumbled about.

  "Glad you're enjoying it... Gosh! It took me a while to convince you.", Camila stated, then taking a sip of her coffee.

  "Thank you for persuading me though.", I chuckled.

•••

  I arrived on time, and today I didn't do any walks, poses or anything but additional media training. They've talked to me over the phone, last weekend, they'll do me a Q&A interview, since, the company is giving me my first ad, like what they did to their models when they're new. And surprised me that I got my first brand deal.
  I remember jumping in happiness and after a minute of celebrating, anxiety consumed.