017┆chapter seventeen

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

seventeen.       huge wolves

▬▬ "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!" Cassie shouted, shoving herself off of the tree but she stayed a good several feet away from him.

"Cassie, listen-"

"You turned into a gigantic wolf!"

"Phased."

"What?"

"I phased into a gigantic wolf." He corrected.

"That shouldn't. . . You shouldn't. . . Why?" She stumbled over her words, her head reeling. There was just so much to take in.

"It's a bloodline thing." He told her, keeping his distance as she glared at him. "And it gets triggered, kinda, by. . . well, by vampires."

"Ha!" She shouted sarcastically, shaking her head.

"You just saw me phase and you're having a hard time believing vampires are real?"

"I'm 90% sure none of this is real. That's it's all a dream and I'm gonna wake up with a massive headache." There was a small pause "None of this should be real."

"But it is."

"Ha!"

"Cassie." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "It's a lot to take in, I know, but you gotta believe me. It's real. It's all real."

"You know what?" She muttered. "I'm going home. I'm gonna crawl back in bed and when I wake up ― for real this time ― I'm gonna go see a therapist. Clearly I've gone completely insane." She turned and started walking away.

"Cassie. Come on." He huffed following after her. "I'm telling you the truth. And you're not completely insane."

"Don't follow me." She told him, stepping over tree roots.