My English Teacher

Athena's Pov

I wave at my friends goodbye and walk through the corridor with my friend Adam. He's my Bestfriend since we're just kids. We trade books, cheats on our quiz, sneaking into the museum and all of the fun things that ever existed.

We arrived at Mr. Sharpe's English classroom. I sit at the middle and place my bag behind me. Adam sit next to me as always. We listen to Mr. Sharpe's boring lecture. About Shakespeare? Why do we even needs to listen to English class when its our first language.

“Ms. Reynolds, Can you read the paragraph of Shakespeare please?” Mr. Sharpe said while furrowing his brown thick eyebrows. It is indeed like im turning to stone looking at his brown mysterious eyes. I should stop cause i cant fall inlove with my teacher who's clearly older than me.

“Ms. Reynolds, if you want to fail this semester i can do it to you” He said looking at me with confusion, shaking my head; thoughts fade away. I stood up in embarrassment looking at my classmates and hold my book. My heart fluttered when i saw my professor walk to my side.

He holds my hand while im holding my book and he turn the pages. I cant help it but look at his eyes. “perhaps you should listen to my class” he said and i gulp in embarrassment. He walks back to the chalkboard and look at me. I shook my thoughts and look at the book.

“Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry stray lower where the pleasant fountains lie” i said with confidence in my shoulders.

“Can you explain it to me?” my professor said.

“pardon?”  i replied quickly

“explain it to me, Ms. Reynolds”

“i- can't” I can't tell him that i dont know what it means, i have enough of my embarrassment

“why?”

“cause i-”

“cause we're not on that poem yet, Ms. Reynolds. Next time you come at my class make sure you're prepared”

The bell cought our attention. “Class dismissed everyone” he said and sigh. All of us get our bag and stand up. “everyone except Ms. Reynolds” i can feel that I'm screw up and goes to my professor's table.

“I can tell that something's have been bothering you i can see it on your eyes. Care to tell me?” he said while he crosses his arms and tilt his head. I know i have no escape so i tell the truth “ I didn't found your lesson interesting”

He gave me a silly smirk and look at me directly at my eyes. “Is that why you read the most interesting paragraph earlier?” he said and stand up looking down at me.

All i want is to punch him to remove that smirk on his face but since he's still my teacher i take a deep breath to clear my mind. “ I... Dont know what it means... Can you act it for me?” i whispered to his ears. I know it made him obvious cause i already know it by his breath.

“close the door, Ms. Reynolds”