↳3: WHISPERS

HOPE COULD HEAR whispers. Except nothing was there. She was alone, in a dark empty room. But she could them, feel them. Suddenly, flashes begun to go off around her. Hope cries out at the brightness of it all, shielding her face from the nonstop lights. She looked down to avoid them and gasped. She was bloody bloated! Her stomach was so much bigger than it was the night before. She looked around for an explanation, for a calendar or something that could explain to her where all the time went.

"No, no, no I still had several months, what's going on?" Hope stuttered out the question. Her response, more flashes and whispers. She began to run, desperate to escape the flashes. Her breath caught in her throat and she was slower than usual but she just ran to nowhere in particular. The flashes continued to follow her and she thought she'd never escape until she hit a stopping point. This stopping point was a boy. A boy with hazel eyes and untamable raven hair. Hope gasps with relief for finally someone came to protect her. "James! Thank Merlin, you have to tell them to leave! They're after me!"

She clung desperately to the man, nails digging into his skin. He looked down at her in confusion and pity. It made her feel small, weak. And the words that left his mouth only made everything worse.

"Do I know you?"

It echoed. Over and over and over and over. She shook her had and backed up once again, this time hitting an actually wall. Except when she hit this wall, something crinkled. She turned around and horror dawned her face as she looked at the wall covered in newspaper, all with the same headline.

'YOUNG DAUGHTER OF MONTEZ FAMILY: PREGNANT, 16, AND ALONE'

Everywhere she looked the words 'pregnant' 'sixteen' and 'alone' followed her, her own picture paired with the article and her family's portrait staring down at her with a mixture of judgement, disgust, anger, and disappointment.

And then the whispers came back, this time louder and paired with bodies, the bodies of Hogwarts students. The flashes joined them with reporters on the other side. It was all rushing around her.

"...pregnant" "disappointment..." "sixteen" "alone..." "...whore..." "careless" "sixteen" "alone" "mother" "irresponsible" "disappointment" "alone" "pregnant" "alone" "sixteen" "alone" "...pregnant" "disappointment..." "sixteen" "alone..." "...whore..." "careless" "sixteen" "alone" "mother" "irresponsible" "disappointment" "alone" "pregnant" "alone" "sixteen" "alone" "alone" "alone" "alone" "alone" "alone" "alone."

"Alone."

Hope was curled into a ball at this point, on the floor when it all stopped. She was breathing hard and cautious when looking up. Right in front of her there were no whispering Hogwarts students nor any reporter with their flashes. There was a young blonde girl, with green eyes full of curiosity and... disappointment.

"I was so excited to go to Hogwarts." She spoke like a memory, distant.

"Why did you have to ruin it!" "Why must you ruin everything!" "This isn't how it was supposed to be!" "You've ruined everything!"

Hope whimpered at the accusations coming from herself. She muttered apologizes that she couldn't count . The young girl disappeared and Hope was still apologizing. She stopped when an item hit her foot. She eyed it curiously, and the recognization was immediate.

A blueberry.

_________________________

SHE RISES WITH a sharp gasp. Blue. She was surrounded by blue and bronze. Hope was in her dorm, surrounded by her classmates. There were no flashes or news articles. No little blonde girls and thankfully, not a single blueberry. She sighed with relief for that had only been a nightmare. The other girls in the dorm were still sleeping and it did not appear to be daylight quite yet. She squinted at the clock on the wall nearest to the door. '4:51'