Ch.3 Confusion

~Y/n pov~

We all landed on the rooftop and waited as Ned and MJ both climbed down and hugged the other Peter.

Peter (1) stood up and finally noticed us, though he could probably only see silhouettes.

We stepping into the light.

"Wait... whoa..." he stared at us in shock.

"Sorry... about May..." Peter (2) started.

"Yeah.. sorry..." Peter (3) added.

"No no no... please don't tell me you know what I'm going through." Peter (1) frowned.

He had blood matted on his face.

"She's gone and it's all my fault. She died for nothing. So I'm gonna do what I should've done in the first place." He moved towards the box that MJ held, "You don't belong here... so I'm sending you home. Those villains are from your world, right? So you deal with them. It's not my problem. I don't care anymore. I'm done. I'm really sorry that I dragged you into this. You have to go home now."

MJ moved the box away from him when he reached for it.

Peter (1) turned back around as Peter (2) began to talk.

"My uncle Ben was killed. It was my fault." Peter (2) spoke.

Peter (3) joined in, "Gwen was killed. She was my MJ. My best friend. She was the only person in the world who understood me, or so I thought at the time. I couldn't save her and I'll never forgive myself for that."

He sniffled.

"But I carried on tried to keep being the friendly neighbourhood Spider-man because I knew that's what she would've wanted but at some point I stopped pulling my punches. I got rage full and bitter. I don't want you to end up like me."

"When Ben died. I hunted down the man I thought did it." Peter (2) told us, "I wanted him dead. I got what I wanted. It didn't make it better. Took me a long time to learn to get through that darkness."

After hearing all that, Peter (1) spoke, "I wanna kill him. I wanna tear him apart. I can still hear her voice in my head. Even after she was hurt, she said to me that we did the right thing. She told me that with great power..."

"Comes great responsibility." Peter (2) finished.

"How do you know that?"

"Uncle Ben said it."

"The day he died. Maybe she didn't die for nothing Peter."

This was so weird hearing them all call each other Peter.

Peter (1) turned to me after a moment of silence, "And who are you?"

"Y/n L/n. I don't really know how I was dragged into this mess but I'm a healer." I smiled reassuringly at him.

His eyes widened when he heard my name.

"We'll leave you alone." MJ grabbed Ned's arm and dragged him away as they went elsewhere.

We all jumped down onto the lower section of roof.

The other two did it so gracefully while I stumbled a bit.

Peter (3) noticed and laughed.

I smacked his arm, "Shut up."

Peter (1) sat down and I sat beside him on the roof.

I started out at the view for a few seconds.

Peter (3) scrambled to sit on my other side.

Peter (2) let out a sigh before sitting behind me.

"You know..." I broke the silence, "My best friend died and I couldn't do anything to save her. The person who did it is still out there somewhere."

Peter (1) turned to look at me and then placed his hand on top of mine slowly, "It'll be okay."

My wrist tingled for the last time and I knew I had met all of my soulmates.

Though, I also knew the truth. After this is over, we'll probably never see each other again.

I pulled my hand away and pulled my sleeve up to see all three names were red.

Peter (1) pulled his sleeve up too and I saw my name on his wrist.

He leaned over and hugged my tightly.

I returned the hug and ran my hands through his hair as he quietly cried.

The reason he was crying could've been one of two things.

He's still crying about Aunt May, or he's crying because he finally found his soulmate.

The other Peter's both crowded around us and hugged us.

Peter (2) hugged me from behind, his arms stretching to reach Peter (1) and Peter(3) hugged Peter (1) from behind, his arms stretching to reach me.

Peter (1) laughed and then pushed us all away, "That's enough, I'm fine. Thanks."

"What happens now?" Peter (3) asked.

"I know a place we can go... to make cures. And then... we all go home." Peter (1) frowned.

"After all of this is over, we'll never see each other again." I told them bluntly.

Peter (3) jumped at me and hugged he tightly.

I returned the hug, my head resting against his shoulder.

"Then, we'll have to make the most of now." Peter (3) reluctantly pulled away with a sad smile.

Peter (2) took his place and pulled me into a tight hug.

His warm breath hit my ear, making me shudder.

"I've waited for so long. All this time..."

He sounded like he was on the brink of crying but he didn't.

His hand ran through my hair gently as we hugged.

He pulled away eventually.

Peter (1) stood there for a few seconds before I brought him into a tight hug.

"Thank you. For being here." Peter (1) whispered.

"Well, it's not like I purposefully travelled through the multiverse but I'm glad I'm here."

He laughed at that.

I pulled away from the hug and frowned, "If only there was a way we could all be together."

"Yeah." They all agreed.

They headed to the edge of the roof.

"I'll show you the way. I already texted Ned and MJ so they should be already there." Peter (1) told us.

"I don't know if you forgot but I'm only a healer. I can't fly."

Peter (2) laughed and scooped me up.

He awkwardly shuffled so one hand would be free.

He balanced me on his hip like I was a toddler and wrapped one arm around my to try and secure me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

His hold was warm and comforting.

"Let's go." Peter (1) swung off first.

I held my breath as Peter (2) jumped off.

The experience was really something.

Actually, it was scary.

I buried my face in Peter's neck so I wouldn't have to see the world whizz by.

~*~

________________________________
1108 words

A/n I hope you're enjoying the story.