Chapter 1

"Samantha if you don't get down from there right now!"

"I need to get all these decorations up before the kids start arriving, leave me be." I roll my eyes at Jeremy as I continue to reach to place the streamers properly while standing on the chair.

"It's literally 8 am, Anyas party doesn't start until like 4. You have been up decorating the house since 5am, this baby brain of yours is ridiculous. Go take a nap or something."

I was too busy focusing on Jeremy instead of the streamer and the streamer fell on the floor. I look down at the streamer on the floor that I worked so hard to put up and I look back and Jeremy who is standing there wide eyed.

Before I can stop it, the sniffle comes right out.

"You made me drop it," I whine before I burst out into a full blown cry.

"Oh my god come here," he responds in an annoyed tone before walking over to me. I slowly step off the chair and grab the tape before throwing it at his head.

"What was that for?" He asks annoyed after dodging it against my better efforts.

"You yelled at me!" I argue as I continue to cry again. It took so much work to get my 6 months pregnant ass on that step ladder for it to just fall out of my hands.

"Are you two at it again?" I hear Mariella come in the house.

Ever since that night me and Jeremy laid in bed with each other things have been awkward and tense around the house. Jeremy took it as getting back together and I took it as a warm body that I needed at the time.

My hormones clouded my judgment that night and I should have never let him get that comfortable even thought its what I needed.

It's been so weird. I love Jeremy there is no doubt that he is the man I am in love with, but I don't like him right now. Like at all. I want him ten feet away from me at all times but at the same time I want him near me. I want him to give me body massages but I don't want him to touch me. I feel like I am constantly going back and forth in my mind and this baby brain is not helping

I know he has been going to therapy and working on himself but the distaste I have in my mouth from him is still there from what he did.

I look over at Mariella and huff a little before I glare at Jeremy once more. Time to be petty.

"He yelled at me and made me cry!"

"Really Samantha? I am a grown ass man and you are tattling to my mother about me?"

Right on cue Mariella grabs the remote and throws it at him and once again he dodges it.

Why the fuck do we keep missing.

"Why are you making a pregnant woman cry? Have you no shame? I raised you better than this."

I try to stifle my giggle, I knew she would take my side.