2

I was sitting in the car for over 30 minutes, waiting for my parents to come in and they eventually did.

"Aurora, sweetie, why are you upset?" My father asked, looking back at me.

'I want to break up with Rafe, tonight at Topper's party.' I told them and their faces went blank.

"Honey.." I already knew what my mom was going to say so I decided to finish her sentence.

'I know what you're going to say "it's gonna look bad on our name if you two broke up this many years in" blah blah blah, but he is the reason i'm ending up hungover every night on the couch, I want to change my ways and be known for something else rather than the "party girl" of Outer Banks.' I crossed my arms and my mom sighed.

"Is this because of something the nasty pogues said to you earlier? Rafe told us that the pogues were bothering you earlier, stay away from the poor people then we will all have this talk." My mother smiled and nodded her head, thinking it was the pogues' fault.

'Stop calling them nasty and poor, you and dad were just like them years ago, and no, it isn't because of them and they weren't bothering me.' I gave her accidental attitude and she noticed.

"Oh God, they drugged you, didn't they?! Drink this and sober up, we can talk tonight at dinner." She handed me a water bottle and I rolled my eyes as I gave it back to her.

'No. I am perfectly fine, maybe you two are the ones that are drugged, because clearly you're not listening to me.' I opened the car door and got out, my mom rolled down her window and asked where I was going but I just kept walking.

I don't know how I am officially going to end it with Rafe, the only way someone won't end up getting hurt in the end of it is if I do something that will make him break up with me. I kept walking, I was walking to the water because I knew i'd be able to think there, but I saw Sarah and the pogues. The blonde called me over and I just shook my head, then walked over.

"Are you okay? We're concerned for you." Sarah walked up to me and hugged me. "You know.. After Rafe handled you kind of aggressively." She then stopped hugging me and had me walk over to the rest of the pogues.

'I'm fine, i've been through worse than just a little pull on my arm.' I was praying on the inside that they didn't know anything.

"Aurora, be honest with me, is it always like that when you two aren't around photographers or people?" Sarah asked, looking at my neck again. Fuck. I bet she knows.

'I need to go get ready for the party tonight, we can continue this later.' I took her hand off of my shoulder and picked up my pace as I walked away.

I walked all the way to my house, which took about 30 minutes. I walked to the front door and heard my parents talking about Rafe and I, I walked in and saw them on the couch.

"You've made up your mind to come back, now let's talk." My mom sat up and put her hand on my arm but I yanked it back.

'I have to go get ready for Topper's party.'

"Here, honey, hold the break-up out for a few weeks, I just transferred money to your credit card." My dad smiled at me as he handed me my wallet.

I didn't say anything and I just went upstairs. I know it may seem like i'm just a snobby rich kid, but if your parents tried to buy your love and buy your happiness, you'd be this way too.

I walked into my room and picked out a party outfit. I wore a black dress with slits on the side. I paired it with silver earrings and a pair of black high heels that have diamonds on them. I wore my hair in a high ponytail with rubber bands in the front. I decided to go extra on my makeup, so I did some dramatic eyeliner with silver eyeshadow.