Part 6

"Lost Memories"

I woke up on the couch with him gone and the TV off. It was still dark outside which kind of annoyed me since I've been trying to keep my sleep schedule straight.

I get up and grab a few snacks and some water before going upstairs to at least attempt sleeping. I get settled in my bed and listen to some music before drifting off again.

"Hey, you must wake up. Your father needs you" I squint and see one of the maids open my curtains and lay my outfit for the day on the foot of my bed.

I get up and go to the bathroom to wash up for the day, when I come back the maid's gone and I put my stuff on. When I open the door I see a butler holding my crown and graciously setting it on my head, I nod in gratitude and go on my way.

When I see my father he's sitting on his throne with a bunch of folders. "Today will be a very strict practice, you will be making decisions for extreme situations". He has a butler hand me the folders and I go off into my study.

I swipe through the folders making three piles 'urgent' 'less urgent' and 'no urgency'. Some music was playing on my record player behind me when I suddenly got this chill, I brush it off and look at the most urgent file. I see pictures filled with rather and horror I look at the crimes from each folder until sundown.

I notice as I get towards my last folder that the moon is out, I walk into the balcony and stand on top of the rails looking at the night sky; browns blacks and blues littering the sky, illuminating clouds, and the moons glossy shine reflecting on my skin.

I raise my head high and see something in the sky, multiple different lights bright in the sky. The moon shines brighter and I see something shiny bounce around the sky, I see it lands afar and I gently back into my room sad that I'll probably never get to travel that far any time soon.

I wake up in the middle of the night feeling cold I go and grab a washrag to dampen it with cold water and lie it on my neck. I patter downstairs feeling awake and tired at the same time.

I start to feel queasy and grasp the wall as I try to catch my breath. I start to feel a ripping pain all over my body as I gasp for breath, I tub the damp washcloth over my face as it burns with sweat and gets up calming down.

I decide that I need to call about getting checked up in the morning so I don't damage my body any further than I probably have.

I start packing some clothes, money and other essentials just in case I have to stay there for some time. I finish and get some fruit to munch on while watching some drama show and drift to sleep for the second time this night.

I suddenly feel this dropping sensation and realize I'm falling down a hole, it lights up and I see images around me like a movie. I see when my father would wack my wrists and slap me for doing anything less than excellent in his eyes.

I see when my father announced he was home from a long trip and how my eyes filled with horror. I watch when my parents were arguing about whether or not I should be rented out to other rulers for their pleasure to gain more allies.

I remember my father tested that out, luckily after my mother saw what shape I was in after she threatened to leave with us and bring down his reputation tremendously.

My apologies for not getting a chapter up in a while, some stuff has been difficult and I've been on a tiny break, I'll make sure to get some chapters out soon

Please feel free to give me ideas for future chapters along with suggestions on what I should do better, don't forget to comment and, have a great day/night! :)

Word count: 693