Chapter 34. The Assassin From Blood Mist Village

I'm thinking about starting a Patreon for any bonus content or early access. Don't worry though! I'll still keep posting on here!

Let's continue, shall we? ;)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I sat at the kitchen table of the bridge builder's home, awaiting some sort of sign that would end the dread I felt in my stomach. Not long after the tracker had taken Zabuza's body, our Sensei had collapsed. He'd been unconscious for a while now and ever since the moment the Hidden Mist rogue ninja had attacked us and had been taken down so easily by senbon needles to the neck, I felt as if something was wrong.

Groans from the other room sent me to my feet, as the lady of the house rushed into the room our teacher was in. We'd carried him back to the bridge builder's home and left him to rest in one of the beds. My guess was he'd overexerted himself somehow, what with the Sharingan not originally being his own. I walked into the other room along with the three younglings.

"Sensei, are you alright?" I asked, planting myself to the side of his bed.

"It'll probably be a week before I can move normally. I overdid it with the Sharingan."

As I had guessed.

"It's better if you don't move, so just lie down," The lady of the house said with her hands on her hips.

I'd found out that this woman was Tazuna's daughter. They lived together with her son who we had yet to meet, a boy of about eight years old by the looks of the pictures scattered sporadically across their home.

"Listen Sensei, you're Sharingan is amazing and everything but if it puts that much strain on you, perhaps you shouldn't use it," Sakura said, her voice full of concern.

"Sorry," Kakashi grunted.

"Well, you did take down one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we should be alright for now," Tazuna piped up from the bedroom door.

His words didn't sit well with me.

"Right but what about that boy with the mask? What about him?" I chimed in, that feeling of dread still lingering.

"He's from the elite tracking unit of the Hidden Mist. Those masks are only worn by the most elite shinobi. The Anbu Black Ops destroy all traces of a rogue ninja's corpse to keep the secrets they withhold from falling into the hands of somebody who would use that information against their own village. His people could be in grave danger should the things those corpses hide be discovered."

I hung my head, twiddling my thumbs. 

"What is it, Hizu?" Naruto asked, questioning my demeanor.

I sighed. "I just feel like something's off, like something's wrong. I keep asking myself if Zabuza was finished, then why do I feel this way?"

"I feel it too. It's like I missed something," Kakashi expressed, rubbing his temples.

"Like what, Sensei?" Naruto asked.

"Tracker ninjas deal with the body right away, on the spot. Think about it. What did that ninja do with Zabuza's body? He should've worked on it right then and there and as quickly as possible," Our teacher pondered.