Faded Memories (Chapter 1)

"Heh...w-what can I say dear...I do really miss you..." Fusion says, tears slowly sliding off his face as he has a forced smile on his face as he looks down at the ground underneath him, he can't stop looking at it...at her. The love of his life was buried right beneath his feet...her name you ask? It was Sun, make no mistake, she was not called Sun for no reason. She brung Fusion warmth...comfort...joy...she brought him almost...everything when he hit rock bottom. The ring on his finger gleams as he sighs as the tears just hit the ground as the stars in sky shine brightly. "Why....did it have to be you of all people? 8 billion people in this world...and yet you were the one who caught it....just....why?" Fusion says as he holds his head down yet again. He stuffs his hands into his hoodie, his rainbow scarf tied around his elbow as he begins walking away, turning his back on his loved one. "Out of everyone....it just had to be you didn't?" He says as more tears roll of his face, the ground being slightly soiled from his tears. And this is the way it's been since 3 years ago. Today marks the 3rd year anniversary of his wife's death. He hasn't been interested in finding anyone else as he's still been grieving. 

"Geno...Eric....where are you guys when I need you the most?" He says, as he walks into the house. He just slumps on the couch as he stares up at the wall, the wall almost seemingly returning the stare back at him. He can only see Geno and Eric in many battles together, all of them teaming up, Geno's lighting, Eric's power-up. He's always considered himself the weakest of the 3. "They're probably off doing their own thing.....heh." He says, forcing yet another chuckle out of his mouth as all he wants to do is cry, cry until he has no more tears to cry...cry until he dies. "Let's just...get something to eat." He says to himself, going over to the food and stove. "That's the wine cabinet....pantry....oh wait pantry!" He says, almost missing his stop at first as he chuckles, pulling out some rice and some vegetables. "Alright...I think I remember to cook some stir-fry....I still remember the days when people lined up for my food...that's back when....when..." He says, thinking, yet again, choking back tears as he stays silent for the remainder of the time as he cooks, almost everything he touches reminds him of an important memory with his deceased lover.... Tears seem to mix in with the grease being used to cook the stir-fry as his amber eyes seem to glossen as tears threaten to drop yet again. He just eats alone...at the big table he's always had. He remembers it all, Geno being there, always trying to prove he was faster than most, Eric always laughing at Geno's joking and just being there for all of them. And then many other memories that popped in his head as he shakes his head...he drops his fork on the ground as he just covers his eyes as he cries. He full on sobs as the table as he says to himself, "I just...want you back home Sun." He says as a boom is heard outside of his door, he falls out of his chair as he approaches the door but...there was no mistaken what he saw when he went to his window and checked outside his door windows...red lighting. "Geno...?" He says to himself as the approaches the door slowly and carefully, his hand engulfed in flames, just in case he was wrong.....his life is going to change....good or bad? That'll...we'll have to see.