Chapter Four - The Party

The party was crowded with beautiful women, all dressed similarly.
"Barney," Ted looked at me, with disgust.
"What?" I asked.
"Why is there a Victoria's Secret poster at the entrance and why are all these women dressed as models in clothing that's barely covering their skin?" Ted asked.
"Isn't it obvious?" I asked. Ted shook his head. "We're at the Victoria Secret party! My plan is to flirt with these women and see if I still got it!"
"Oh my lord," Ted sighed. "it won't happen because they are, one, out of your league, two, they aren't the average woman you'd see in a bar like what you get." He concluded.

I rolled my eyes and smoothly walked over to one of the attractive women.
"Hi, Barney Stinson." I leaned on the table. She looked at me and suddenly, I felt an extreme wave of nerves. This hasn't happened before! How could it! I started to cough uncontrollably.
"Hey," she put her hands on my shoulders which made me couch more. I felt an immense amount of "butterflies" in my stomach and I was sweating like a pic. "You seem like a confident man, with all that "power" from the suit. I've seen this before..." she then took her hands off my shoulders as I started to calm down more. "You have the yips." She concluded.
"The yips?" I questioned, making my voice deeper. At this point, I saw Ted walk up beside me.
"It's when you temporarily lose the ability to flirt." She explained.
"How do I get rid of it!"
"Well, you're a player, so who'd you meet that strummed your heart strings?" She asked, thoughtfully.
"I don't know... you?" I questioned.
"Wrong!" She exclaimed. I then felt her take my phone our of my pocket.
"Give it back!" I yelled, reaching over for it. She pulled her arm away and continued to scroll through my phone. "How'd you get into my phone?" I asked.
"1-2-3-4 is the most basic passcode." She paused. "Is it Y/N?" She asked. I had to pause and think for a moment.

Was it Y/N? She's beautiful, funny, smart and so kind... Oh my it is!

I managed to snatch my phone back, grab Ted by the arm and bolt out of the party.

A/N:

Hi! I'm so sorry this is short and I'm not posting a lot. School is incredibly busy. Hope you're all doing well! Please follow the co-author Sweet_tea_mochi  and vote! Thanks for reading! 💜💙

Stay safe and healthy,
Gracie and Mochi