Prologue

All was well. It was quiet. Too quiet, even. There was a steady inflow of new campers to both camps, no major monster terrors had sprung up, and the Titans and the Giants seemed gone for at least a few millennia.

Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Leo, Calypso, Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Nico, and Thalia were kept busy. Always something to do.

Percy spent his days teaching swordplay to the campers. Occasionally he gave a clinic or two at Camp Jupiter, but he was a Greek. His heart would always belong at Camp Half-Blood.

Annabeth gained permission from the gods to build a city like New Rome inside the newly expanded borders of Camp Half-Blood. She and a few of her siblings designed a city worthy of the gods and called it New Athens. Typical Athena children, naming the city after a city named after their mother.

Piper had her hands full shaping the Aphrodite and Venus children into good Greek and Roman warriors. She managed to get her mother to explain that love was not about dating and breaking hearts. It was about eternal love, the love that binds a family together, and the love that only comes from knowing your friend has your back.

Jason followed Piper back and forth between the camps, mostly just helping out Reyna, Frank, and Chiron. Running the camps involved lots of paperwork, and Jason found that he was quite good at that aspect of leadership. Piper teased him sometimes that the only cohort he could lead was made of ink. At the same time, he fulfilled his promise and became the head priest. He built plenty more temples on Temple Hill and is working on some in New Athens.

Leo came back to Camp Half-Blood after a few weeks touring the world with Calypso. He upgraded Cabin 9 and worked continuously on Bunker 9. It was really awesome now, and Leo was convinced that there was a bunker for each of the cabins. He thought he could find them if he dug through enough stuff.

Calypso was happy to own a restaurant in New Athens and New Rome. She found a few nymphs who took an interest in cooking and weaving and taught them almost everything she knew. Well, a girl had to have a few secrets to hold, didn't she?

Frank found that he was quite a good praetor. He was in charge of the exchange program and placing Camp Half-Blood kids in cohorts. He and Hazel often ran the war games and came up with random new strategies for monthly war games against Camp Half-Blood.

Hazel decided Camp Jupiter needed horses. Reyna asked Pegasus for some pegasi and Hazel discovered that Arion had children. Eventually she set up a riding program. It was so popular that she had a good sized cavalry in no time.

Reyna continued to run Camp Jupiter in the same way she had before. She and her dogs made sure all the exchange students coming in abided by the rules. When they went back to Camp Half-Blood, they were much better disciplined, in her opinion. Though after a few weeks with the Stolls they were back to normal.

Nico continued to be the ambassedor between the Greeks and the Romans, but not demigods. The hundreds of minor Greek and Roman gods needed appeasing, and so he delivered messages, compromised temples, and helped Jason. There were too many gods for a kid who can no longer shadow-travel.

Thalia was... well, Thalia. She never aged, never changed. Once there was war games of Camp Half-Blood vs. the Hunters... it was messy.

But the enemy of the demigods, the one who was not cut down, wanted for revenge. He knew that something big or harmful would be deflected by the gods. He needed something smaller, something not quite harmful, but something that would send the camps into turmoil. Perhaps if their leaders were busy with their own problems, his new pet could cut down the camps from the inside... That would work. And so Tartarus, primordial of the pit, sent out a curse on the 11 leaders of the demigods.

Hey guys! Heather here. This is really based on a one shot by Jaz... but she was too lazy to expand, so I am! Lucky you! :D Anyway... Jaz will be editing each chapter for any grammatical or storyline problems and giving suggestions, Marjeta may help sometimes. To check out Jaz's one shot, go to her profile, jungle321jungle It's in Percy Jackson One-shots. I think it's called The Stoll's New Partner... but I don't remember and I don't have the energy to check. Warning: Prolouge in unedited. I'm kind of in English class right now. Jaz will read it later. Cool? Cool.
-Heather