.13

"Will you dance with me?"

April 16th 2022

Shawn

"Are you ready to find out what we are having today?" I ask walking over to Kara.

"Yes, I'm so excited" She gets up from her chair in front of her vanity and gives me a kiss.

"You look so pretty" She's wearing a long, white, off-the-shoulder, long sleeve dress.

"Thank you I'm not used to you wearing this much white" I'm wearing white jeans with a white see-through button-up shirt. (The one he wore to the 4th of July party). Our doorbell rings which makes Kara jump and then squeal in delight. "Oh my god she's here"

"Who's here?" She takes my hand and drags me downstairs to our front door. Kara opens the door and pulls the girl in for a hug.

"I can't believe your here," Kara says in shock.

"I know right this is crazy," The short woman with long blonde hair says.

"Shawn, this is Juliet my bestie," Kara says

"Hi Shawn If you hurt Kara I will destroy you"

"I promise you I won't hurt her"

"Alright you guys get out I have a gender reveal party to plan"

"Let me grab my purse quick" Kara turns around and runs upstairs out of view.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask Juliet

"Sure"

"I want to propose to Kara today and since you are her best friend I figured I should also get your permission," I say nervously

"Of course, I give you permission she has told me so much about you"

"Thank you" Kara comes downstairs smiling with her circular straw purse.

"Okay we can leave now Shawn"

"Alright we will be back in two hours" I take Karas's hand in mine and lead her out the front door and to our car.

"Can we get food, Shawn?" Kara asks as I get into the car.

"Of course, I know a great place" I end up driving Kara to a small diner I found while walking around with Nyles one afternoon. I lead her inside and to a small booth in the corner. There isn't a lot of people in here besides three people up at the counter and one family in a booth.

"This place is so cute"

"I know I took Nyles here and he loved their pancakes"

"Welcome to Greg's Diner what can I get you started with?" A waiter named Lucille asks us.

"Is it too late for breakfast food?" Kara asks while laughing.

"Of course not"

"Perfect! I will take the french toast with a side of hashbrowns" Kara says happily.

"I will take the waffles with hashbrowns then" I hand Lucille our menu's which she takes and walks away.

"Kara"

"Yes?" She says as she looks out the window at the cars and people going past.

"Will you dance with me?"

"Really in the middle of the diner?"

"Please?"

"Fine" I put my hand out which she takes, I help her stand up and I place my hands on her waist as she wraps her's around my neck. "I won't Give up" by Jason Mraz starts playing making me smile. Kara places her head on my chest as we gently sway to the soft music.