10

it was prom day. the school bell rang a few minutes ago and y/n was now home. prom started in 3 hours so she decided to get ready, why not? she started getting ready first she spent an hour in the shower then, she did her hair, her makeup and she got dressed into something cute. it was a good thing that she started getting ready because he had 30 minutes left.  

then mason, the guy that asked her to prom messaged her,

 mason                                                                                                                                                                                          hey sorry i wont be able to pick you up. something came up                                                            

me                                                                                                                                                                                                    k        

Y/n honestly didnt care. she didnt mind walking, kenny was. the guys(benny and bertram) all wanted to meet up and walk there together. y/n told kenny and they started walking to meet the guys. benny couldn't keep his eyes off off the girl. she looked stunning. "you look pretty today" he accidentaly blurted. "thanks you look good yourself." that scentence made his stomache turn. "i guess you look okay Y/n... what about me benny? do i look pretty?" she asked. "yeah" he said.

after 30 minutes of being there, one of masons friends went up to y/n. she was still with the guys. "hey Y/n. please dont go with mason hes trying to use you to make his ex jealous." he turned to the door, "shit" he mumbled and walked out. mason walked in with a girl and y/n just turned away. she felt someone tap on her shoulder after a while,"wanna dance?" mason asked. "No sorry, i have a new and better date" she said and caused the people near then to let out a small laugh at mason. "whatever" he said and walked away.

                                          Y/n POV

i felt pretty bummed. a slow song came on and marty dragged benny to dance with her. the lighting made him look good. i honestly thought that benny didnt like marty but the way hes dancing with her says otherwise. their bodies were pressed up on each other. i felt so weird just sitting here alone. Bertram and kenny ended up finding girls to dance with, surprisingly. ive been tring to deny my feelings about benny but i should just accept them at this point. but theres no way he would like me back after everything. i started to feel horrible and realize how stupid i was to do that.

i wasnt in the mood to be here right now. i was in amood to listen to music and cry while staring at your ceiling. i texted kenny 'im going home, i dont feel good' then walked out of the two doors making my way home. once i got there i didnt even think about changing i just laid on my bed. i turned on my music, not bothering to connect it to anything, and just let it play.

                          3rd person POV

the dance ended and they all sat back down.the girls that they danced with walked offf to the bathroom. kenny realized that is sister wasnt there anymore.  he was confused so he pulled out his phone to text her but then realized that she had already sent a message. he opened it and told the guys, marty just rolled her eyes. 

"We have to go" benny said."but benny just dance this one song with me" marty whined. "no!" he said and got up. kenny and bertram followed behind while marty left with some other girls. benny made a quick stop at the store to buy stuff for her. then they continued walking. when they got there they were able to hear the music lightly playing from y/n's room.

"Y/n?" kenny knocked,"whats wrong?" Y/n just shrugged with her back facing the doorway while laying down. "wait- ohh i think i know why and it 100% wasn't about mason" then he walked out. 

benny walked in shortly and sat on the corner of the bed. "hey. look that guy was stupid for doing that, he should've been happy he even had you as a date. id kill for that. im sorry for what happened before you left as well i was just really worried about your health and i didn't want you to get addicted then have a bad future with us. it was a stupid mistake and i couldn't realize that.and i know that i havent showed it much recently but i really missed you.." y/n turned to face him.

"thanks benny. i wasnt feeling like this because of mason but you made me feel better" she smiled at him. benny recognized the slow song that was playing. he remembered y/n telling him that she wanted to dance this song with someone  that was special to her at a special time. 

"wanna dance?" he smiled reaching out his hand. y/n took her hand in his and got up. she felt comfortable and she knew she was blushing. benny pulled her in closer and they started to dance to the song. Kenny and bertram were secretly watching from the crack on the door.

the song had ended and they slightly pulled apart. they looked each other in the eyes and benny leaned in to kiss her. when their lips connected they both felt so happy at that moment. benny pulled away and felt embarrassed. " i..im sorry i didnt mean to do tha-" he got cut off by y/n pecking his lips once again. "shut up rodriguez".