Chapter 7 - Welcome to Morariel

"Rise and shine Verity!"

Lillith jerked awake at the sudden noise, ready for an attack. She sat up so fast the blood didn't have time to reach her head, but released a strained breath once she discovered the origin of the ruckus, facing no other than the descendant of Mammon, dressed in a bright, tailored suit. He shoved the curtains apart and the witch visibly cringed at the daylight, rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

"Has nobody ever told you, that sleep is fundamental for healing?"

Anthony snatched the comforter off her body and shamelessly looked her up and down.

"I see no injuries," he stated with a smug smile, earning a baffled look in return. Lillith pulled it back with a violent jerk, hiding her bare legs underneath.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waking you up."

"What time is it?"

"Late."

"So?"

"We were supposed to leave an hour ago and Tom is being rather uptight."

"I don't see why his mood swings are any of my concern," Lillith replied with a bitter undertone to her voice and the wizard cocked an eyebrow at her attitude.

"I may start to think this was an arranged marriage."

"Who would have thought?"

The heiress gave him a tight smile and Anthony sighed in defeat.

"Please Verity. You are the main source of his mood swings these days, and me and the others are the target, so try to be a little emphatic."

The witched refused to meet his eyes. She didn't like the feeling of guilt. It was this clawing sensation in her chest that she dearly despised.

"I didn't mean to sleep in."

"I think you needed it."

"So, you're not angry?"

Anthony gave her a wolfish smile.

"I don't think you are capable to provoke such emotion out of me. I will appreciate if you get ready for breakfast though. My peers are absolute beasts, and you look like you could use a decent meal."

Lillith nodded.

"I'll be there shortly."

The wizard grinned, performing a grateful salute.

"Good."

He walked over to the door, circling his spider like fingers around the handle.

"I will fetch you a seat beside me."

The mischievous glint in his eyes seemed to be prominent, leaving the witch wondering whether he was mocking her the whole time. She was still dumbfounded by his straightforward nature. Lillith never encountered somebody even ramosely similar to Anthony Turner and yet, she wasn't sure whether it was a pleasant change or the complete opposite.

After he left, the witch realized, that her trunk was still nowhere to be seen. She quickly came to the conclusion that her power was non-existent in the infamous Crane residence and so, she did the only thing that seemed reasonable to her.

"Leviathan are you there?"

Lillith barged inside Tom's bedroom, unannounced, searching for a familiar trunk. She didn't expect Tom to be there, but faith seemed to be her enemy the past days.

The wizard was seated behind his desk and just merely lifted his eyes off the parchment when he heard her enter.

"What can he possibly help you with?"