thirteen : if looks could kill

Sabine slips open the door for me as I began sashaying into the VIP room

Sabine slips open the door for me as I began sashaying into the VIP room. After my audition they loved me so much, they had decided to give me my own mini stage upstairs surrounded by a small booth of men dressed in black suits. The green hue of the dollar bills reflecting off their shiny dress shoes. Sabine had worked her way up with another girl, asking the other men for private dances until we spotted our target for the night. A agent Daniel Evans, Sabine noticing his eclectic tie from the glass door signaling me to get inside.

I walked directly towards him, eyes glue to his blue tie with bright orange horses painted on it. Weird choice. His eyes ripped away from the girls in front of him and became fastened on me.

"Hello..." He says as I begin swaying to the music in front of him. Dancing alongside the other girls, twirling his tie around in my fingers seductively before giving him a slight lap dance. Soon enough his hands were sitting snug on my hips as his voice wavered, "You girls can go, I want this one." Like I was a food option or a toy. The girls roll their eyes, the three of them following each other out the door. This is going to be... "What's your name, doll?" He asks as I notice his badge stuck to his front pocket clinging by a tight clip.

"Phoenix." I say. Placing my hand on his thigh as I held strong eye contact twirling my body behind me.

"Sexy," He says, moving his hands across my body without restrictions as my jaw tightened. I inched my hand upward closer to the badge, "How much for a dance?" He sighs, pulling his wallet from his front pocket.

"Thirty." I say as he tucks the money into the strings of my outfit. My jaw tightening again as I flashed a forced smile before continuing to distract him. How the fuck am I going to get this done? "I'm glad you're having a good time, this is my first day at Blaze."

"On that note," He slides a few hundred dollar bills into my hand, "Welcome!" He says with a chuckle, his round belly bouncing up and down with each laugh.

I tuck it into a strap of mine closer to my shoulder, "Thank you. Did you want any bottles for tonight? I can bring you some."

"We have a few over there if you'll be a doll and grab one." I nod my head before walking over towards a small table he pointed at. Crown Royale, Ciroc, and Grey Goose sitting neatly with a small tray of shot glasses. I grab two shot glasses in one hand and a bottle in the other before placing them in front of the agent.

"Here." Bending over to pour the shots, I pass him his. He moves the shot glass to his lips, kicking the glass back as I stumble. Hand landing over the keycard on his thigh as I tugged it off it's clip and tossed it to the ground unnoticed. My heels clink loudly against the floor as I moved my hand onto the back of the seat. Sliding the keycard inconspicuously under the sofa with my foot. "I'm so sorry, I got lightheaded for a second," I placed my other hand on my forehead lightly and straightened my spine.

He widens his legs while he's seated, "Oh, no problem, doll. I know how you girls can be. Now, are you gonna get down or what?" He says before running a hand over his bald head.

"W-get down?"

"...On your knees? What'd you think I told the other girls to leave for?" I gulp, freezing in place. He didn't just...

I shake my head a few times, "I don't do that, if you'd like them to come back be my guest." I grab the bottle off the counter and begin walking towards the door nonchalantly. Wondering how Sabine and I are going to be able to get out with his keycard. Before I get to the door I hear him shuffling.

"Hey! I paid for already!" He yells, struggling to get up.

I turn around to look at him, "Consider it an investment loss." I say as he begins to stand.

The agent begins waddling towards me quickly, "I said hey!" He grabs my hand as I toss it out of my grasp watching him stumble until he loses balance on his feet. Head propelling backwards towards the floor with a loud pop. I looked over his body laid flat on the ground, letting my breath quickly shoot in and out of my lungs. What... the fuck. My eyes trailed over his wide body, a pool of blood gathering around him like a dimmed halo. Flooded around the crown of his head. The music continued playing as his lifeless body laid there under the led lights. I ran to grab the keycard, scraping my knees to reach it before glancing at his body once again. I had left my phone downstairs, no way to message Sabine. I glanced at her through the glass, distracting everyone perfectly with her pole tricks. Think Wren. Just fucking think. Would Tristan leave his body here? I look up at the camera positioned in the corner of the room, red light blinking at me repeatedly. Tristan would tell me to get the fuck out of here. None of these girls know me. I watch his body one last time under the dim lighting before backing away towards the door.

Slipping through a small gap I made for myself before flashing four fingers to Sabine and jogging down the steps. "Sorry, guys. That was my last song..." I hear Sabine say as I continue descending the stairway. The keycard causing indentations in my hand from clutching it so hard. I hear her heels slap against the stairs as she catches up to me and matches my pace. "What?" She whispers lightly.

"Not here. We gotta go." I say, turning towards the back room. "He's dead." I breathe watching her facial expression change. "What-Why are you making that face?" She begins sprinting as fast as she can towards the back room as I try following her. Ankles twisting repeatedly in the boots. Her slim fingers yanking the lock off the locker before she tosses me my duffle bag through the thick beads. We begin dressing into our previous outfits as quickly as we can. Gaining a few questionable looks from two of the girls standing at the vanity as I pulled my hair out of it's sleek bun. I tuck the keycard into my pocket, feeling the small crescents indented into my palms lightly.

Sabine pulled the duffle onto her shoulder, tucking a handgun into the back of her waistband before walking towards me. "We gotta go. In the next minute they'll send people if they find his body and we'll be locked in." I widen my eyes before I nod my head at her. Following her back through the beginning of the club passing by the receptionist.

"It's a hundred dollar house fee." I hear the lady say as Sabine and I freeze. I pull two of the hundreds out from the inside of my outfit, sliding them across her desk before turning and pushing past the drapes. "Th-thanks." I hear her say quietly as we start picking up our pace to the car. I unzip my boots, letting my bare feet connect with the pavement as I began running alongside Sabine. Hands slamming into the large metal vehicle as it wraps around the door handle.

Suddenly I head faint ringing. Sabine unlocks the car and we both get in before I begin rummaging through my bag, picking up the phone carefully. I click answer, placing it to my ear while she begins reversing. "Hello?"

"Jade. We need to talk." I hear Elijah's crisp voice over the phone as I swallow. Fuck. What now?

 What now?