✾ one

My dad had died. There was no beating around the bush about that one. It had been a month, ample time to get over it, I thought. I was raised by him to be tough, to push through things that hurt, but it was hard without him there to guide me through it.

     Ranboo, Tubbo, Phil, everyone, had come by to check on me throughout the month and I would for the most part tell them I'm fine, but here I was, standing in front of my bathroom mirror with a pair of scissors in my hand. 

     I raised the scissors and started chopping away at my hair. Pink locks fell to the counter and I kept cutting until I was satisfied with the length. When I looked up, I realized something. I looked like a boy. It wasn't in a bad way like, 'ew, I look like a boy,' it was more of a 'holy shit I look like a boy and I have never looked better.' Then another realization came crashing down. I was a boy. Things suddenly made a lot more sense. 

     I rushed out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, finding my phone that was somewhere in my covers, and immediately called Ranboo. 

     He picked up quickly, like he always did, and I said quickly, "Can you come over?" 

     I must've sounded in distress, or something, because he responded with, "Of course I can. Is everything okay?" His tone of voice was that soft and concerned tone he got whenever he thought something was wrong. It was adorable. 

     "Um... Talk about it when you get here. Just hurry. Please," I said, tugging on the hem of my shirt. 

     "Okay. Okay. I'm on my way, don't go anywhere. See you in a bit, babe." 

     "See you," I replied before hanging up. 

     It didn't take him long for him to get to my house, and the first thing he said when I opened the door was "You cut your hair!" 

     I laughed dryly. "Yeah, I did. Come in?" I asked, stepping out of the way of the entrance. 

     He nodded shortly and followed me inside. I led him to the living room and we sat down. He sat in one of the chairs while I sat on the couch, sitting with my knees to my chin. "What's the matter?" He asked, leaning forward. 

     I swallowed a little, suddenly feeling very nervous. "Promise you won't get mad." 

     His eyes widened, "Why would I get mad?" 

     It was irrational of me to think he would get mad over something like this, but something in me was bugging, thinking that maybe he might hate me. "Because I think I'm trans," I whispered, it was barely audible. 

     But he had heard. I could tell by the surprised expression on his face and the silence that followed. "Really?" He asked softly. 

     I nodded a little and I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Oh, honey," He said, quickly moving to his knees in front of me, cradling my face. 

     "Do you hate me?" I asked, foolishly. 

     He scoffed, my question stupid. "Of course not. Why would I hate you?" 

     "Because you like girls," I said with a small and stubborn pout. 

     That made him laugh. "I never told you that I was bi, did I? And I had a male pref, anyways. You were just the exception." Then he paused as if he had stepped on a live wire. "I guess you're not now, though."

     There was another silence and he kissed away a tear that had begun to roll down my cheek. "Do you think you're gonna go by a different name? And what pronouns do you feel most comfortable with right now?" 

     I paused, contemplating. "Um... I think I'll stick with Scarlett for now. And could you, like, try out he/him on me?" 

     "Of course," He said, bringing my hand up to his lips and kissing my palm. "Scarlett is the best boyfriend I could ever wish for. He's amazing and I'm seriously the luckiest guy to have him in my life." 

     His words sent a flush straight through me and I buried my head in his shoulder, embarrassed. "You're such a dork." 

     He hummed a little, petting my hair. "So, he/him it is?" 

     I nodded and he chuckled. "Do you wanna tell anyone else or should we wait?" 

     I sat up and wiped my eyes. "Can we tell Tubbo?" 

     "Of course." 

     The first thing that Ranboo did was text the group chat with me, him, and Tubbo. 

ranboo <3 
i no longer have a girlfriend

     I scoffed a little, hitting him on the shoulder once I had seen what he sent. "That's a terrible way of saying it!" 

     He giggled, "I know, but it's funny." 

tubs

WHAT......
why woudl you send that to ME in the GORUP CHAT with scarlett
are you ill and sick in the head 
scarlett are you oka ?y ?????

JDFHJDFSDf yES i am Fine can you ft ???

tubs
yes always

     It didn't take long for me to get a FaceTime notification from Tubbo. I answered it and smiled, Ranboo was in the frame as well. 

     He sat there for a second, a confused expression on his face. "If you two aren't dating anymore then why is he there? And Scarlett, holy shit, did you cut your hair?!" 

     I laughed a little, even if that funny and nervous feeling was beginning to pool in my stomach again. "Yes, I did. Me and Ranboo are still dating it's just..." I took a deep breath, steadying myself. "I don't fall under the category of girlfriend anymore." 

     He gave me a quizzical look. "What does that mean?" 

     Ranboo cut in, "He's trans." 

     Tubbo sat there, again, in silence. He blinked a few times, obviously confused. "Wait. Okay. Did I just accidentally deadname you when I answered the call?" 

     I laughed, glad that he was accepting me. "No, no, you didn't. I think I'm gonna stick with Scarlett for now. Thanks for understanding, Tubs." 

     He gave me a soft smile. "Always." 

     We chatted a bit more and then hung up. Ranboo placed a sudden kiss on my neck and I flinched a little. "What was that for?" 

    He shrugged, "Just admiring my amazing boyfriend and how proud I am of him."

     The words made my face flush and I squirmed in his arms, embarrassed. "Shut up. Sap." 

     He giggled a little, kissing my neck again. "Sure." 

hi guys 😁