Seven.

➶ 。˚ ° ➶ 。˚➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚
(𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘)
CHAPTER SEVEN-----▹ 

The sinking feeling in Iskra's gut was nothing new to the blonde, most of the time she just dumbed it down to a bit of anxiety, nothing she couldn't handle

The sinking feeling in Iskra's gut was nothing new to the blonde, most of the time she just dumbed it down to a bit of anxiety, nothing she couldn't handle. Although today it felt different it could be the fact that she missed her family and her girlfriend. The fact that no matter how badly she needed it, she couldn't catch a break.

Iskra fiddled with the silver arrow charm that hung from her neck, and dialed Mason's number for the tenth time that morning, he sent her right to voicemail, which just made the feeling worse. 

Next, she called one of the only people who could calm her down when she got like this, "Mom?" she asked when the line clicked on, "Iskra? Where the hell are you?" came Maria's voice from the other end of the phone, "I'm sorry, Mom, I had to make a really fast exit," Iskra apologized, "Iskra, you could've at least called me. I was so worried, you can't keep disappearing without a trace sweetheart."

She walked over to the beat-up couch and sat down, "Ma," she spoke weakly her voice quivering ever so slightly, "It's happening again." The brunette immediately understood what she was referring to, "Ok," Maria's voice was soft, "Close your eyes,"

Iskra took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "Think about that day we took a trip to the beach, tell me what you remember," Iskra pictured the scene in her head, a small smile on her face, "It was super sunny, and Mama was wearing that ridiculous floppy hat..."

---

"Mommy! Look at Mama's hat! It's so floppy!" Iskra exclaimed dancing around in her sandals, "I see that bubs," Maria smiled looking lovingly at her wife, "Do I get a floppy hat too?" Iskra bounced around, Natasha swiped some sunscreen on the child's nose, "of course you do, малышка" 

Natasha moved to pull the hat off her own head when Maria stopped her, "Nat, you're literally a redhead- you burn in the sun."  Natasha's jaw dropped in offense, Iskra laughed at the interaction, "Something funny, sparkles?" the redhead asked playfully raising a warning eyebrow, "Better run, bubs, Mama's out to get both of us." 

Iskra took Maria's hand and began running out onto the sand, pulling Maria along with her, "Oh no you don't," Natasha laughed chasing after them, Maria helped Iskra quickly remove her sandals, and the two of them ran towards the water. 

Maria splashed the salty water at Natasha, "Oh you're so on Hill." she spoke, "I think you mean Romanoff-Hill." Maria corrected a smile on her face, "Did I?"  Iskra joined in splashing water at both the women.

The air smelled of a deep-sea breeze, and the sun felt warm on her rosy cheeks as they splashed around in the water, it was moments like these that reminded them, that despite everything they had been through individually they really were a family, one that shared bright smiles, and game nights, and Maria's godawful cooking.

---

"I miss that, I miss her." Iskra whispered, "I know Iz, me too." Maria responded, voice soft, "Do you wanna talk about it? Any of it?" Maria asked, and Iskra continued to play with her necklace, "I think Kate's missing, I had a panic attack sitting on the bathroom floor last night, I miss Mama, I miss you, and I just want everything to be ok again."

Maria just wanted to reach through the phone and hug her daughter, and never let her go, "I love you so much, Iskra." Maria spoke, "I'll see if I can find anything on Kate."

"Ok...yeah. Thank you, Mom, I love you." Iskra said, beginning to braid her hair, "I love you too...please keep in touch Iz, I really can't lose you...and neither can Jess." Maria spoke, Iskra paused her movements, "Mom...I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

----

"How do you know my mother?" Kate asked, Eloise, flashed a sarcastic smile in the brunette's direction, "Get in the car, Miss Bishop. We'll talk more later." when Kate didn't move, she motioned to the door with the barrel of her gun. 

"Now. Miss Bishop." Kate paused and attempted to use one of the moves Iskra taught her, but this woman, Eloise. Was a lot faster than her. "Honey, did you really that would work? I am a trained widow after all." Kate's eyes widened, "Like? A black widow? Like the Red Room?" 

"Yeah." she paused, "I'm sure my daughter has told you all about that." Kate's jaw literally dropped. "What? You're Eloise Volkova...damn I knew I recognized that name." Eloise smirked slightly, "Ah, so you found her birth certificate did you?"

"What? No...no, no," Kate said seemingly searching around the area making sure her witch girlfriend didn't appear out of thin air. "You haven't told her?...Wow, kid. I must say that takes some serious guts, keeping a secret like that from a trained agent, and one whom you love at that."

"Well...Technically, I haven't lied to her...yet." Kate spoke, thinking about the fact that there hasn't been any time to tell the blonde yet. "Yet?..that is very interesting, Why aren't you telling your little girlfriend?" 

"It's...no I don't have to explain myself to you." the brunette shot back at her, Elosie yanked at Kate's long ponytail and shoved her into the car. "You're stalling. Your head might hurt a bit when you wake up," Before Kate could process anything that was happening, her world was darkening due to the blunt force to her skull.

When Kate regained consciousness, her eyes didn't flutter open to anything bright, it was a more dimly-lit room, it was so, so cliche to every movie Kate had seen, she had decided that this was definitely more in the movie category than being duck taped to old children's mall rides.

Kate in the time she had spent with Iskra, had picked up on a few things, but still had a long way to go. Especially with situations like these; could she free herself from the restraints? Probably. Time and skill of course were not in her favor. She was taken hostage by a black widow.

"Ok...." she glanced down at the floor, ignoring her pounding headache, "What would Iskra do?" she muttered, looking around the room trying to gain an idea of how to get out of this...not necessarily un-injured, but alive at the least.

Kate's hands were bound in front of her, the brunette had to wonder why an agent with so much training would make it way less difficult to escape. Her head jolted up at the sound of a door creaking open, "Look who's awake..." 

"What do you want from me?" Kate asked, observing the woman's face for any slight tic, "I don't want anything from you, Katie. At least not yet." 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Was this a short-ass filler chapter? Yes. Did I finally update this? Also yes. 

-Via 

(Oh how I've missed this gif lol)