first encounter

I'm finally here, in Korea, the place I've always wanted to visit ever since I decided I would learn languages and travel around the world to teach.

- Mom, how long did you say I'd have to be locked up before I can go out?

- Uhm, I think it was approximately 10 days you'll have to spend in quarantine - said, mom

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. Sitting at the back seat of the uber that's taking you to the place where you will have to spend the next 10 days without being able to see Korea.

After talking for a bit with your mom on the phone, you decide to hang up and admire the wonderful city view of Seoul. You were desperate to get out and explore, but as Covid exists everywhere, there are rules. Once you arrive at the apartment where you'll be quarantined, you enter and leave your luggage next to the entrance, and just as you get in, you throw your mask to the floor and lay on your bed facing upwards while you finally breathe air after long hours of traveling:

- Now what? - you asked yourself looking at the ceiling - I'm in Korea finally, but it just doesn't seem like it, I'll just have to wait until I can go out.

You get up to sit at the border of your bed and open your suitcase to get your laptop. Since you'll be staying there for a while, it's better if you start making plans for when you can go out.

- Oh! Lotte World sounds fun, but if I have no one to go with there then I'll have to miss out

After long hours of looking at the most famous places in Korea where you can either enjoy an iced Americano to a delicious Korean BBQ, you close your laptop and look out the window. You have wonderful views of Seoul. You can't help but constantly think of the amazing things you'll be doing around Seoul: meeting new people, enjoying wonderful meals, learning Korean, etc.

- 10 days past quarantine -

You're finally called and told you're able to get out and go to your apartment after getting a Covid test done. After that, you finally get outside and start breathing the air. You've never been so excited to breathe air in your life. You get your phone and call an uber to take you to the shared apartment where you'll be staying. You haven't met your roommates yet, but you're sure they'll be welcoming. Once you get your luggage out of the trunk you're finally on the way to your door. You enter.

- Closed under revision -

The elevator was closed, so you had to take the stair or you wouldn't be able to get home and unpack. While you're struggling while getting up the stairs, you get a phone call. Your mom.

- Hi, mom! What's up? - you ask while you can barely breathe - Sorry I haven't called earlier, I've been very busy with all this paperwork...

- Oh it's alright sweetie, how have you been doing?

- Well, mom, I've been doing great, actually, but let me call you in 10 mins, I'm trying to get my things to my room

- I'm sorry! I won't distract you anymore, go ahead!

You finally hang up the phone and keep going up the stairs. Suddenly, you hear a door closing very loudly and you wonder who it is. You're desperately hoping it's one of your roommates. But, as you're able to see that person's face, you find out it's a girl, perhaps, a gorgeous girl. In fact, a girl very similar to Lee Ho-jung, your favorite Nevertheless's actress.

 In fact, a girl very similar to Lee Ho-jung, your favorite Nevertheless's actress