2.1: Watch Where You're Going, Princess

[4 Months Later]

...

First day of High School. August 12th. So not excited.

The bell rang, and I was on my way to 1st period. I was staring deeply at my schedule and didn't watch my surroundings. I bump into someone with a familiar smell.

"Watch where you're going, princess." Anthony said and laughed with his friends.

Ant has trust issues now... from wherever he developed them. Most likely my old friend, Melissa. She started some rumor about me this summer, but who cares. She's always been a huge bitch.

First period is Spanish. I always wanted to take Spanish class.

...

About 30 minutes later, a counselor comes in to speak with the teacher. I continue doing my work until I over hear them say Anthony's name.

The teacher points to the empty chair next to mine. "Come have a seat right here."

Anthony sets down his things and glares at me. We both sat in silence and awkwardness until the bell finally rang. Felt like forever.

After my next 3 classes, was lunchtime. Anthony was playing basketball with his friends, I was hanging out with Carla who is also single.

Carla stares at me staring at Ant. "He's a dick, Alana."

I shook my head. "I don't understand where I went wrong.."

"You didn't." Sam said out of nowhere, "Anthony's just being a jerk.. as always."

"Yeah, who started this mess anyway?" Carla asks

"Melissa did." Sam said

I looked at Melissa who was eating takis with her new emo haircut. Fucking pick me. I thought.

"That bitch can burn." I said with fury, and my teeth shut tight.

Carla and Sam looked at eachother wide-eyed.

I began to walk over to Melissa and her new emo friend group.

"What do you want, traitor?" Melissa said with the chains on her black plaid skirt clinking.

"You think the shit you pulled is funny?" I shouted, "You fucked up my relationship."

"Ayo, Moskowitz is arguing with the emo girl!" Zack shouted, which made Ant turn his attention to us.

"Oh, God." Ant said under his breath

"Anthony had to know the truth." She shouted back.

"You know what Melissa, you and your little group of depression can go to hell." I snapped.

"Alana.." Sam said softly

"You fucking judged me based off what I like!" Melissa argued.

"If it's that serious, then we can run it." I said, tightening my fists.

"Alana.." Sam said a little less soft.

"I have been waiting for this moment all summer." Melissa said balling her fists up.

"Alana!" Sam shouted

I turned my attention to her and loosened my fists.

"Can you come with me for a sec?" Ant said

I turned my attention back to Melissa. "This thing isn't over."

I followed Anthony in the empty lunchroom since everyone was finished eating.

"What was that?" Anthony asked in a whisper-yell tone.

"Charity work." I said with sass.

"Enough with the drama." Anthony snapped, "summer's over so knock it off."

"If summer's over then what's happening to us?" I snapped back, "What are we right now?"

"We're together, I just.." Anthony said and paused

"You just what?" I said

"I just... I want the truth." He let out

I scoffed. "What truth?"

"The truth about what happened this summer." He said to me straight.

I froze and took a second to think. Summer.

...

Cliffhanger again baes im sorry but theres alot to what happened in summer thats gonna be in 2.2: Summer In Encino 🤫