Lost soul

Third person POV:

Ae was left heartbroken after Pete's disappearance. He didn't leave the apartment for a week and everyone was worried about him. Finally, Oh coaxed him into opening the door and the sight was more than disturbing. The room was a complete mess with things lying around and Ae looked like a walking zombie. What was more disturbing was the way Ae looked.

He developed bags below the eyes and, little hairs were growing on his face. Also there was smell scattered around the room. "Ae!!" Ae's mother, Tuli, cried out seeing her son in the most miserable situation. She couldn't believe her eyes. she rushed inside the room, pulling Ae into a hug and rubbing his back. "What's the matter son? Why are you behaving like this?" Tuli asked.

Ae didn't say anything except 'he left'. He had been saying it continuously as if he was hypnotized to say those words. "Ae... Ae... Look at me... Ae??" Tuli called cupping her son's cheeks and making him look at her. Ae's eyes seemed to be lifeless as he stared blankly at his mother. "Ae?? Please tell us what happened?" Tuli cried out. She was hurt seeing her son like this.

After a lot of persuasion, Ae finally spoke but his words were limited. Tin came to help him and narrated to everyone what has happened. All the people present at the place were shocked with the revelation and were concerned why the young boy would have left without any notice.

Ae's parents took Ae back home. They tried their best to cheer the boy up but he looked all lost. He didn't set foot in his apartment after he was brought back home. Tuli tried to convince him to sell the apartment but Ae denied saying that the place held Pete's memories, their memories... He didn't want to lose anything related to Pete so he locked the apartment and kept the key to himself.

It had been over a month since Pete disappeared, Tin and Ae's family were desperately trying to locate the person. But it looked like they vanished like smoke in air. Ae was trying his best to find Pete but he would always have disappointment in return.

One day when Ae returned back home from college, he found a girl sitting in the hall. "Ae!! Come here!! Champoo had come home to meet you. She wants your help." Tuli spoke. Ae walked up to her and smiled to his mother before turning to look at Champoo. He smiled at her and inquired, "Hi... what do you need help with?" None of the two people present in the hall knew that Ae was forcing himself to smile. It was not genuine.

Champoo was daughter of Tuli's friend and Ae knew her from childhood. They used to play together when they were small but as Ae started growing up, he was more interested in football and the time he spent with Champoo started to get reduce till finally, he stopped meeting her. It's been years that he had spoken to the girl now.

"P'Ae... Sawasdee kha!! I needed your help with some college work. Will it be fine if I come to visit you here?" Champoo asked. Ae just nodded in response and then turned to leave. He was not interested in talking to the girl, in fact, he was not interested in talking to anyone.

Only Ae knew his plight and the pain he was feeling. He was sitting alone in bedroom when Tuli walked in. "Ae?? Can I talk to you?" she asked while sitting down in front of him. Ae looked at her and nodded in response before turning his gaze to look out of the window.

"Ae, you should stop searching for Pete now. You have tried your best, we all did but there is no sign of him. If he loved you so much, he wouldn't have left you broken. Why did he leave when I had already accepted him? Why did he make you sad, son? Ae, you should think about us, we are worried for you. You being in this condition constantly is making us get worried. Even your niece is worried for you. You need to move on and learn to be happy." Tuli spoke.

Ae didn't say a word and stayed quiet. He listened to everything but he didn't want to reply to anyone. For him, everything was meaningless.

Days passed by without any sign of Pete but Ae would always be searching for him. One day, Ae was walking towards the parking lot with Can when a white car passed by him. He looked at the car and then started to run behind it shouting loudly, "Pete!! Pete!! Stop!! Pete!! Please Stop!!"