I

The war has finally come to its end, Kaguya and that black creature has been defeated. The remaining survivors can only let out a sigh of relief, a sign of gratitude that the war was over at last. They touched their backs against the soil and chuckled under their breaths. Finally, the nightmare is over.

It was done. Madara's dream gone, crushed. He was lying there among all the corpses that didn't survive the war. Hashirama was beside him, giving a concerning glance to the dying man. It seems like Hashirama's legacy continues after all, who would've thought? Hashirama had always been the one that was always loved, a direct contrast to him. Everyone thought he was a monster; an uncontrollable wild monster who needs to be controlled.

Madara doesn't understand. Why him? Why does it have to be him out of all people? He had lost all of his brothers, his parents. Now, his dream got malnourished. Madara cursed the Sage, his life had been very unfair. In the early years, the villagers and his own clan scrutinized his figure with scorn and fear. He could still precisely remember, their words.

"He's too dangerous to be kept alive!"

"Hashirama-sama should've killed him that day."

"He took Izuna's eyes!"

It hurts.

It hurts him so much. His own clan hated him. Everybody thought he was the Shinigami reborn and stayed away from him. And for kami's sake, he would never ever do that to his precious little brother! Sometimes Madara pondered if these people have brain damage or they're just lacking some braincells.

Onyx eyes met with warm hazel ones.

.

"Right now we can drink together, as war buddies." Madara can see his eyes starting to get blurry at the corner of his eyes. Black consumed his vision slowly.

"War buddies, huh?" wheezed out the dying man. He can feel his eyes drooping, half-lidded. "I.. guess.. that's fine.. by.." me left unsaid. His eyes closed. The familiar floating sensation welcomed him.

"--ii-san? Nii-san!" The ravenette jolted upright, startling the tiny child who was waking him up. His eyes cracked open, he winced slightly as the sunrays introduced itself and excruciating pain coursed throughout his body. His gaze stopped onto the tiny figure of Izuna. His heart dropped to the floor. No, it can't be. What is this? He pinched himself.. what? This is.. real, he can feel the rough texture of his own skin. He feels very much alive. How was this possible.. could it be..

"Are you okay? Nii-san--" Izuna's squeaky voice only fell into deaf ears.

Madara grabbed a handful of his ebony locks as he analyses the familiar wooden floor. Time travel? Honestly, Sage of Six paths. What are you planning? He doesn't want to go through this crap again.

There's only one thing on his mind and it is;

Curse you, Sage.