Day 2

Paintbrush's POV:

I woke up to Lightbulb shaking me awake.

"Wake up sleepy head! It's morning!"

I sat up and groaned.

"Lightbulb. Why." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

I was exhausted from the day before, we had done a lot of walking and my arms were sore from carrying the wood.

"Because! I'm bored and everyone else is asleep." Lightbulb fiddled with her fingers.

"So you immediately decide to wake me up?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep! Now cmon Painty let's go explore!" Lightbulb exclaimed with a grin, pulling me up onto my feet.

She can be so childish sometimes.

But I've gotten used to it, plus, it gives me something to do.

I followed Lightbulb as she skipped over to the beach.

Once I got there, I found her with her feet in the water, watching the sunrise.

"Look at all the colors Painty!" Lightbulb exclaimed with a grin, crossing her legs.

I walked over to her and sat by her side.

"Yknow, it kinda reminds me of you." Lightbulb said, glancing at me and giving me a smile.

I looked at her for a moment.

"Huh? Why's that?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"Well, just, you like art a lot, and colorful things usually have a lot to do with art, so whenever I see a rainbow or something else colorful, I think of you!" Lightbulb ran her hand through the sand.

I smiled.

"Well, this also reminds me of you, because of your colorful personality." I said, leaning back and laying on the sand.

Lightbulb smiled happily.

"Hey, let's look for seashells!" Lightbulb hopped up suddenly, and began skipping along the beach, looking for shells.

I chuckled and stood up, following her.

"Ooh look at this one!" Lightbulb exclaimed.

She picked up a pointy swirled shell. It was white with pink and purple, swirling around it.

"Its so pretty! Can I take it home Painty?" Lightbulb said with a little hop.

I hesitated.

"Sure, if we even get home that is." I mumbled.

Lightbulb smiled before she suddenly gasped, dropping the shell.

"Ouch! The shell bit me!" She exclaimed, rubbing her hand.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Shells can't bite, Lightbulb."

I looked down at the shell.

Sitting inside of the shell was a little hermit crab.

"Well that explains it." I said, leaning closer to look at the hermit crab.

"What explains it?"

Lightbulb leaned closer, and gasped.

"OH MY GOODNESS!!!" Lightbulb exclaimed putting her hands over her mouth.

"It's a crab! I love crabs! It's like Baxter! Except... different!" She exclaimed, scooping up the crab in her hands, being careful not to let it pinch her again.