1

The 1095th scratch goes upon the wall. I survived three whole years in this shithole. That's why I gave myself a whole night of sleep. I peek outside of the small hole in the wall...nothing....silence, only the distant screeching of another wall being moved. Over the past three years I have been stuck in a maze, I haven't found a way out yet. But I will! I will get out of this place and kill the people who threw me in here. I slowly take a step out behind the vines of ivy covering the entrance to my home, and I stretch, looking at the tall miserable dark grey walls that trap me in here. The sky was unusually grey...Its usually at least a little light when I wake up, but the sky was colorless... dead. The sun's gone. I guess the creators wanted to give me a three year anniversary gift, oh if I could only hug them to death right now...

 I only know my name. Y/N. Everything else is fuzzy. I can remember the basics, how to eat, sleep, ride a bike, what a bike is, how to kill. But I cannot remember who taught me how to do these things, where I learned them, if I was good at it... Nothing... But I bet my life back then was way better than now.... You know, compared to the few foot deep hole I live in. I live in a T shaped part of the maze, with my home (its a better thing to call it), on the longer part, and then my choices to go out each day going either left or right. But, per usual, I started with a light jog, turning left. Passing one corridor on my left, one on my right, and I kept going. My goal was to get to the little stream of water so that I could fill my bottle up. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, when I woke up, all I had with me was the ragged old clothes I have on myself, an extra sweatshirt, a water bottle, a machete, and a long wooden stick. Naturally, I made the wooden stick into a spear. What I also forgot to mention, is that I never leave without my machete and water bottle, which are strapped to my back using a vine and with the spear in hand. 

After about an hours time , I make it to the stream and I fill the water bottle.

whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

click-click-click

I hear it, and I know its time to move. I really don't want to come into contact with the slimy monster again. Ooo, I wonder what modifications the creators made this time. I mean, I can only kill so many before being killed. That cracks me up...

Anyway....

I get up and bolt out of there, the whirring, and clicking, getting fainter every step I take forwards. I reach the cLiFf. I'm trying to make it sound dramatic, but its the only part of the maze that isn't depressing and grey. 

Frankly, it's quite interesting. 

I walked towards the edge. I've thrown rocks and pieces of ivy down, but I never hear it hit the bottom. This is the one part of the maze, where when you look out there is no more walls, just a void of grey nothingness. 

I find it calming...

Nothing...

Just peace...

...

...

...

Then I smell it. The burning oil, and the machinery. I didn't even notice the sounds until now.

whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

click-click-click

Its getting close. 

I start to run out of the corridor.

I attempt to retrace my steps back home, but right when I was a few corridors away from mine, there it was. The monster...