Family Reunion

(Jayda x Monica)

Jayda

Today was the day of my family reunion. And honestly I'm dreading having to go. The only reason I'm even showing up is because of Mama and Nana. I promised I would be there because, it means a lot to them. Especially, with Nana getting older she wants everyone to come together.

For the most part me & my family members get along. But, you have those few messy ass family members that wherever they go drama is destined to follow.

Honestly, I'm not phony. I can't fake get along with people I don't fucked with. You feel me, family or not.

Laying in bed, wasting time I decided I might as well get up and get myself together. After grabbing everything I needed, I went into the bathroom connected to my room getting ready to take a much needed shower.

After doing my routine. I walked out my bathroom into my room as my girlfriend entered the room.

"Hey, baby" she said greeting me with a hug and kiss on the forehead.

"Hey" I greeted back dryly, pecking her lips.

"What's wrong babe" she asked with a frown on her face.

One things for sure it's nothing I could get pass Monica. If somethings wrong with me regardless of any front I put up, she could see straight through it. That's one of the things I love about her though.

"You know how I feel about this family reunion Mo" I said moving out of her arms, walking into my closet.

"I'm really not feeling this shit, I have a feeling things are gonna go left" I continued to tell her while looking for something to wear.

Walking into the doorway she responded.
"I know Jay but think about Nana, you being there would make her day. Honestly, everybody else is irrelevant all that matters is putting a smile on Nana's face.

Sitting down on the bench indecisive on what to wear I told her. " I know, your right but you know how I get down. I ain't kissing nobody's ass in order to keep the peace.

"Pooh, which one should I wear.
Should I keep it simple and wear this all black body suit with this jean jacket or stunt on these hoes and wear this louie shirt with these shorts". I asked

 I asked