Bonnie's Questions

Restarting systems...

Electric blue code ran across his view, doing nothing helpful but blur his sight. Oh, he'd forgotten to charge again. Well, how was he supposed to on his off days? No structure, no parties to get to, no gig to perform in. All he had to do was chat with his show mates and walk around aimlessly. His vision was slowly getting better, all his coded 'thoughts' pinging back into his head. Everything came into focus and he saw that he had been perched on a wall in front of someone.

'Are you okay?' the familiar purple rabbit asked.
'Yeah bonnie, of course.'
Although he never understood what they meant by this, there always seemed to be a correct answer.

The room was darkly lit and had 4 glowing recharge pods but, without being regularly escorted after shows, Freddy hadn't been charging well. On workdays, Freddy would start Fazerblast parties at 10 am, charging every other hour. Then a show. Finally, he would get 15 minutes of charging after the show finished at quarter-to-seven. Then a total of 2 parties after.

'The show is on in about, hmm, 5 days, 8 hours, and 26 minutes,' it was as if Bonnie understood what he was thinking. 'I wonder what we'll play.'
Of course foxy happened to hear this, he always chimed in the minute music was mentioned. 'Honestly, I'm kind of hoping it's not the same as a couple of days ago. Saturday's song made my joints all clunky.'
'Ah yes, drumming is so hard on poor Foxy's precious arms!' Chica shoved the dramatic bitch, almost squealing with laughter before she even started speaking.

Chica was easily the loudest, occasionally she would sing with Freddy. They were always the best shows, especially for the younger girls. They worshiped that chick like some god.

'What about you Fredmeister? What song is your favourite?'
Damn, Bonnie's questions never quite made sense.

'What do you mean by that one?'
'Well, what song do you enjoy the most?'
Again, he didn't know how to respond. 'Enjoy'... did he mean like the song that sounded the best or the one that the youngins always cheered for the loudest. These conversations were usually just Foxy and Bonnie rambling on about music stuff and Chica occasionally chirped in to tease them. Now Freddy just had to try and remember what they'd said before.
'The kiddos always love that disco one, so I guess that one's my favourite'
He smiled softly as Bonnie's face immediately lit up.

'Oh my, you always sound wonderful singing it too. Well, you always sound awesome.'
Chica stared right into their eyes. Foxy ears seemed to prick up.
'Oh Bonnie you are so-'
'Pfft. Shut up you ginger prick! I meant you all always sound so good. And I'm sure the new musicians will be great too!'

Recently, all of the animatronics had been told of some new members joining soon. Nobody knew when they would arrive, but no one could wait much longer.
'Speaking of the newbies, Fred, how'd you feel about coming with me and we can go see if there's anything about them joining soon?'
Chica shouted across the room, once again trying to hold in laughter. 'Ha! Going on a date Bonnieboo?'
Even Bonnie thought that was funny, 'Come on guys, am I really too gorgeous for you to leave alone?'
As per usual, Freddy was confused and Foxy was giggling at the back of the room with Chica whilst Bonnie bolted towards them.

'Yes, I will to come'

And just like that, Bonnie almost instantly stopped throwing themself on top of the fox's back. They practically skipped towards Freddy, almost tugging off his arm as he pulled him out of the room.

Pink and green lights curved around the roof of the atrium like glowing snakes. Figures and plushies and posters of the infamous foursome covered every wall. The escalators had been powered down and constant chatter had gone yet, the speakers would often still call out the same disclaimer 'Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for visiting... Freddy and the gang are pretty tired but they'll be back again next week after a few days of maintenance... we'll see you again soon!'

Bonnie frowned, 'Why can we only do one show a week. Scheduled maintenance, huh? More like being sat around for days on end, waiting to see all the excited kiddos and almost bursting your battery after having to wait to find out what song comes next.'
'Yeah, I want to get back to Fazerblast and running parties. I know it was only yesterday but all my programming makes me want to do is to sing and offer cakes out my stomach hatch.'

There were always so many security guards on patrol, especially at night. Little, white and perfectly polished. They were shit at their jobs though, they've never even taken a single notice when Chica has snuck out to get food, or when Bonnie and Freddy went out on their late-night walks. All their purpose seemed to be was to shine their little flashlight and clean up the toddler vomit.

recommend song: 'Heartache' by Toby Fox

But this time it was different, there were so many crowded around either side of the main stage.
'Umm Fred, there's not usually that many, is there?'
'Nope never.' So, he did the obvious; started to walk towards them.
'Hey, hold your horses, mister. Wait for me!'
They both ran faster than ever towards the neon orange tarpaulin on the east side. The bots seemed alert but still never saw the 6ft tall bunny and bear. All they could do was stare. What is under there? Has it got to do with the members joining soon?
'Oh woah. That's the biggest tarp I've ev-'

Bonnie (A.K.A. the world's clumsiest animatronic) tripped and pulled down half the tarp, revealing a small grass island with green and purple text. It had a reptilian-like pattern.
'Monty's Gator Golf ooooh. That could be fun don't ya think? Bet you it's for one of the new ones. What do you think, Fredmeister?'
'I'll tell you one thing, the others will be wearing out their batteries to hear about this'

They hadn't heard a single thing about the 'fresh blood', as Foxy had called it, but now they knew more than anyone. There was going to be an alligator joining the band.

AUTHOR NOTES
Hi hello howdy, this is our first fanfic! yep, this story is being worked on my two authors :)
Stevyn (they/them)
and
Oak (he/they)
This first chapter was quite short but it's more of an introduction to the characters and the story than anything else! We are both in school so chapters might be quite inconsistent, so sorry in advance :/
We hope you are all as excited for this book as we are!!
- Oak<3