𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

«𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙽𝙰𝙺𝙴»

"Shigure! Open up! It's been almost a week!" I shouted to my cousin while lightly banging on the door to his bedroom. Since the night of my dear sister's capture, Shigure has seldom shone his face. He sat, alone in the dark, pondering some of life's most dark and intimate thoughts...I can't imagine that it's too good for his health.

"Ayame, leave me be. Let me rest here in peace," he shouted back, though his voice was muffled through the door.

I tossed my hands by my side, frustrated, and left him. I went into the living room and grabbed a light jacket, it was early in the morning, and made haste to the front door.

"Just where are you going?" Yuki ased. I turned my head to the side and brushed my hair over my shoulder.

"I'm going to set things right."

"Akito will never-"

"You don't know that, Yuki. Even if this doesn't work and things stay the way they were forced to become...at least I tried."

"Then I'm coming with you," he said, a determined look in his eyes. He may have only been a year older than (Y/N), but he cared so deeply for her. Still, he was much too young to journey with me to the prefecture.

"I admire your devotion to your sister's safety and wellbeing, but with Shigure acting like a child there is no one to watch the house. I need you to watch over Kyo for the time that I am gone, alright?"

Yuki sighed but nodded his head. I thanked him and walked outside, a new goal in my mind. Part of my mind was still baffled by all of this, but another part of me knew that this was going to happen. I have to at least try to make things better...if not for me then for her...

«𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚇»

A week has passed since I left my family and was placed with Hatori. At the beginning, I was quite frightened by what Akito had told me, but Hatori reassured me time and time again that everything would turn out better in the end. I suppose I had no other choice than to believe him.

In the week that had passed, Akito had been keeping a suspiciously close eye on both Hatori and me. Earlier this afternoon, Hatori thought it would be a nice idea for the two of us to spend some time together in his backyard, he thought I might help to ease my mind and my nerves. The moment I stepped out onto his green lawn, I instantly missed my old home; the cool, gentle morning breezes, the birds chirping in the trees, and the sound of water flowing in a small river not too far from my home. Hatori and I laid side by side in his yard, a gust of strong wind stung my soft skin, making me shiver. Summer was drawing to a close and winter was just around the corner. I frowned slightly at the idea.

"What's wrong, little fox? Are you cold?"

I shook my head and turned to the side, scooting myself closer to him.

"Winter is coming..." I pouted.

"Heh, I'm not the biggest fan of the cold myself," he said with a mature chuckle. "Do you know what is always guaranteed after the snow? What is something that you know will come?" He asked.

"...Rain?"

"Well, yes rain. But also, spring. No matter what you're going through—what we are going through—things will always get better, just as spring is always guaranteed to shine from the cold," he said. He was very true and this thought made me smile. Hatori wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gently shook me.

"It will get better...I promise..." he stopped and looked up, his eyes examining the yard. "Akito?" He called.

After a second, a head popped up from behind his fence, separating his yard from the street behind his house. Akito's eyebrows furrowed in irritation from being found out.

"How did you sense my presence?" He questioned while stretching his arms over his head.

"Forgive me, but you're not very sneaky. I could hear your footsteps from miles away. If you intend to shower us with your all knowing gaze behind our backs, then at least attempt to conceal your devious acts. I'm growing rather tired of being stalked all hours of the day...I imagine young (Y/N) is as well..." He added, putting me on the spot and throwing me completely off guard. Akito stared down at me, an almost murderous glint hidden in his eyes. I gulped, not certain of what I was to say. I looked up at Hatori, hoping he would aid me, but alas; he had his gaze pressed firmly on Akito.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?" Akito sneered. I nervously twisted my fingers in front of my chest.

"I-"

"Nevermind, I don't wish to hear a single word from you, fox. Excuse me, I must be off. Enjoy filling her mind with empty promises, Hatori. You already know the truth, so there is no point in trying to change anything..."

He swung around, turning his back to us and walked back up to where he lived. Hatori had a hurt and angered look on his face.

"Are you okay?" I worridly asked. He looked down at me and placed his hand on my head.

"Of course, dear. Let's go back inside, okay? I'll make you something to eat..."

«𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙾𝙳»

'The audacity that little girl has, to ignore a direct question from her uncle. What an insolent, arrogant, little brat!' I thought to myself as I slammed the door closed behind me. I marched over to a window and peered through it, setting my sights on the girl and her uncle as they both happily entered his home once again. I had brought her here in a feeble attempt to hinder her set destiny...as well as his. She is but a child and I am a God, as well as the head of this wretched family, there is nothing I cannot achieve...still, this girl holds something special...I want to make it mine. Only then will I truly have total control over all aspects of the Sohma family. But how to do it...

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘, 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚡, 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏. 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎...𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚎...𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚊𝚕, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏, 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢...𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝, 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚝. 𝙸 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝...