chapter tree

SEPTEMBER, 3 1990
emily's pov:

school started 1 week ago, and me and tinnie are actually really excited, it's our last year and we're seniors now. it's crazy!!

me and tinnie were sitting eating our lunch with our friends amirah and melissa and her annoying boyfriend that none of us really liked. he always talks so much shit about everything and comments on other people. i really wonder why she's dating that guy.

he is like those typical high school boys that every girl likes at FIRST but then you find out that he's a total idiot. tinnie said that she feels bad for melissa but i think it's her own fault, really.

melissa was sitting on her boyfriends lap and reading something.

"NEVER melissa i will not wear that! do you think i'm one of those fag guys from new kids on the block?" jason laughed.

i heard that as me and tinnie looked at each other, and i saw that tinnie was trying not to laugh. then melissa looked over at us rolling her eyes. amirah and melissa knew about our situation with the guys, they went to the concert with us in march before me and tinnie met the guys. but they haven't told anyone about it.

amirah looked at me and tinnie and we three started to laugh.

"hey girls wanna go shopping after school?" tinnie asked us

"omg yes that will be fun" i told her

we were now in the car on our way to new york city, it took a little while because we all lived in long island. melissa was driving and tinnie was sitting next to her while me and amirah sat in the back seat. we were vibin listening to music all the way.

we went to some stores with so many cool clothes for the new season, none of us had so much money that we could buy a lot of stuff, but tinnie bought a pair of jeans and a light pink oversized sweater. and i got two dress pants from JCPenney. we went to all kind of diffrent clothing stores.

we bought coffe and then went to central park. the sun was shining and everyone where in such a good moods. i wear my blue jeans with jordan's sweater and my hair was in a half up half down. tinnie wear straight blue jeans with a white top and a oversized leather jacket and her hair was naturally wavy and curly to her shoulders. we all looked to cute and we took pictures with our kodak.

and suddenly i heard someone yell "isn't that jordan knight's girlfriend"  and a younger girl pointed at me. this made me really frustrated, who knows about me and jordan? this is really strange. i thought to myself.

"who's jordan knight?" tinnie said to the girl and gave her a confused look.

"oh your friend looks like a guy from new kids on the block if you haven't heard about them, like everyone knows them." the girl said to tinnie.

"oh really" tinnie said as the gave her a smile and then turned around and looked at me with a akward face.

"girls that was werid how does people know about us. that was one girl, how many more?? me and jordan haven't talked about each other or anything like that." i told them

"maybe they have seen you guys outside holding hand or kissing" amirah said

"but we have been so careful with that because we have not been dating for years and especially jordan don't want to go out with it because all the fame can destroy it." i said to them