02 | Undocumented

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

LUCA'S MOUTH IS agape as he stares through the two way mirror. He eyes the young girl with so much curiosity I can already hear the questions he's going to ask. It's inevitable.

"H-he had a daughter?" Luca whispers seemingly to himself.

"Yup." I say popping the p.

"How did you know? How did you find out?" He turns to me and questions.

"I didn't." I respond. "We just found her when infiltrating their quarters."

"Holy shit." Luca breaths. "This changes so much-"

"Don't get too excited. You're on the sidelines." I warn with a pointed look.

"Right. Of course." He quickly shuts up - probably grateful I'm even allowing him in here before I go out there and talk to Alyona. "So...what do we know about her?"

"She's fifteen. A February baby," I note, "She's lived in her father's quarters her whole life and never left because he kept her undocumented and a secret from anyone in the outside world including other mafias. Honestly, the girl was just born into the wrong family."

"You're telling me that," Luca gestures to the window, "Is an innocent little puppy caught in between two worlds when her father is literally Ivan Ivanov."

I don't like the accusation in his tone. Or the mocking.

"Yes." I answer simply. "It's my theory currently."

Luca gives me a doubtful look I want to shove into the gutters and slam against the pavement several times before disposing of his body in a forest far, far away.

But I ignore it.

"Have you questioned her yet? Or did you just get that information from things you found back at Ivan's base?" Luca asks, changing the subject - possibly after noticing the energy change on my end.

"I haven't spoken to her yet actually, this is all information I've been given." I answer.

"And you're already making assumptions? I don't think that's very smart." Luca says and I suddenly have no idea why I even agreed to letting him come here in the first place.

"Since I've actually caught Ivan Ivanov, I think I'll just stick to my roots as they've been working out pretty well so far." I answer with a hint of mocking smug. Luca takes obvious notice - I wasn't trying to hide my tone - but says nothing.

I walk towards the two way mirror myself and observe the fifteen year old in person for the first time. 

She looks nothing like Ivan. She's got blonde hair the cascades down over her shoulders and back, wavy and ethereal - practically the opposite of my hair. You can tell from a mile away that her eyes are blue, maybe from the size of her eyes or the deep blue sea that they drown in, but in either case - they're blue.