I can see

--------------------

Running to Lexi's, heavily breathing as I tried to way out the whole situation of it all, What would Lexi do when I asked her for her urine? Was she still the same as she was before? She couldn't turn me down, could she?  

I knew I would have to have a game plan ready, what would I ask? what should I reply? 

Panting as I finally reached the Howard residents I noticed a bicycle lying in the grass out front, a familiar bike at that. 

Talia?

No out of all people why would she be hanging out with Lexi? Lexi was to how to do I say this nicely... boring. To me, Lexi was more so boring compared to Talia. Talia was more so out there and not caring about her future academically compared to Lexi, Lexi was always caring about everything and everyone come to think of it maybe that's why they got along. 

"Hey, Rue", said Lexi as she opened the door wide enough to be seen with a shocked expression on her face, she probably wasn't expecting me to ever show up to her house. 

What can I say it has been a long time since I last spoke to her.

"Hey, I, um... I need a favor", I asked her fidgeting around slightly trying to not make eye contact.  "What", asked Lexi as she opened the door wide enough for me to step in and take in the place slowly, as I got closer to whisper in her ear I  turned my head as I heard the soft padding against the floor, expecting to see Cassie I was shocked to notice at the top of the stairs.

Talia.

"Lex what's taken so long", she said as a smile grazed her face, she looked good--she looked happy. It was refreshing to see her nonetheless, my best friend. Taking in her features are eyes finally locked, making eye contact her smile slowly fell. She had looked as if she saw a ghost. 

"Rue", she asked almost as if asking a question, she was scared that I would just vanish away in thin air rather than standing there. She didn't move frozen in her spot staring at me, I could only look back in admiration. Talia in her still wacky clothes and frizzy hair but she looked more so like the old her before the drugs, was it the happiness that she possessed suddenly? Maybe, I didn't want to question it but what happened in the spam of me being in rehab?

"I...like for real, Lexi", I said determined to get what I wanted, I needed this. "What", replied Lexi not getting what I was putting down. Breaking eye contact with Talia I noted to myself to have a conversation with her later before whispering to Lexi. "Are you serious", she asked her face holding disbelief, "please", I asked in desperation.