Happy Again..or not

"I'm Happier than ever"

I looked out of the window as cisco drove me home. It was the next day. A bright and early morning. The drugs had been worn off but something in me felt a slight bit of happiness. I think I just missed this type of attention. Cisco had his hand on my thigh while he was driving. I looked down at his veiny hand and smiled to myself. I definitely missed this. In a long time I didn't need anything to actually make me happy. It was just a feeling that came to me naturally.

"You okay ma?" Francisco looked at me showing concern, I nodded my head yes giving him a big smile, he returned the happiness and resumed to focus on the road.

It felt good to feel good, For so long I locked myself inside worrying and stressing about something I couldn't Undo. I still wish I could undo it, but I guess that's life.

I frowned as cisco pulled in front of my driveway, I'm not clingy but I didn't want to leave him at the moment. His presence made me feel full, like I didn't need anything else.

"what's wrong?" He asked looking at me, I didn't want to admit it but right now I felt like expressing my feelings with him. That was step one to building our relationship back.

"I don't want to go" I said playfully rolling my eyes but i knew deep down I wanted to beg him to stay or take me with him. He let out laugh and a slight smile.

"I'll come get you tomorrow alright?" Tomorrow sounded like next year, but that was only because I'm an impatient person. But I'll take the offer. I nodded my head showing that I agreed with his offer. I then began to let myself out of the car but before I could get out He pulled me back in by the sweatshirt he let me wear last night.

"I want a kiss" He said gripping my face bringing it closer to his. As our lips touched I felt butterflies in my stomach. The kiss lasted for what felt like an eternity. But after a few seconds we let go.

"I love you mama" I hadn't heard that in forever, It scared me to think that love was coming back into my life. I blocked it out of my life because it seemed like the ones you loved the most leave the fastest. And I can't take another loss.

"I love you too" I decided to say it back. I did still love him, that wasn't a lie..

I began to walk up my drive way and to the front door. My house was pretty big but not as big a Cisco's. It was white on the outside and the linings around were black. It was a really pretty million dollar house that my dad purchased for my mom as a Christmas present many years back. I'd say this is probably one of the only gifts that meant something.

I walked inside of the house closing the door and locking it behind me

I walked inside of the house closing the door and locking it behind me. As soon as I walked in I was met with my mom. She had her hand on her hip and a look every black mom gives their child when they about to get their ass beat. My mom was really pretty (of course). 5'2, brownskin and beautiful afro that she kept up with since she was young. My grandma believed that the black woman's hair was her crown, so she took well care of it.