the first.

sitting at the corner-most table of the cafe, you sipped on your cold coffee, feeling the coolness overcome the heat along with the air condition that was pointed at your side.

with your hands neatly folded along the cup, you sigh in relief at the calmness of the ambiance of the cafe, watching the people outside the glass windows either rushing home or taking their leisure time properly.

a smile spreads across your face, taking yet another sip of the coffee.

the ambiance of the cafe gets disturbed with the ring of the bells of the door, signaling a new customer wanting their second take of caffeine for the day, the servers smiling at the familiar face.

"welcome, sir! do you want your usual afternoon order?" you overhear the barista and a series of chuckles from the customer.

'usual?'  you thought, trying to familiarize the man who stood after the cashier, unconsciously staring longer than you should.

and then it started.

it was so sudden that you even think if it really happened– a strike of headache lasting a second in your head.

"ow," you mumbled, your eyes twitching at the sudden pain as you held your head. 

after a minute or so, you sigh– maybe it was a migraine or just a simple headache caused by stress.

"it isn't big," you sigh, once again going back to your solace as you roamed your eyes around the cafe.

until it met his eyes.

i promise...

it was happening so fast– like how it was minutes ago. flashing lights as if you were under the spotlight, or just under a beaming light.

i promise you...

your head was turning, you felt your body levitating, getting thrown softly in every way god knows. you simply grabbed your head in dizziness, clenched your eyes in pain. the pain was unreal, something you've never felt before– along with your heart.

i will always find you.

"...are you okay?!" and with that, in a flash of thunder, you were back to reality.

"sorry, yes," you mumbled, shooting the server a smile. there was still a stinging sensation in your head, as you avoid everyone's eyes. 

"we lost you for a minute there," she chuckles, sighing in relief as she raises a thumbs up to her crewmates. 

"yeah?" well it felt like forever. "sorry for the ruckus," you awkwardly chuckle, rubbing your palm on your thighs. after seemingly like an hour of their eyes on you, you finally watch her walk away to the counter, head turning everywhere for someone you don't even know.

"...what the fuck was that?" giving up on looking for something you don't even know, you finally question the sudden headaches you're getting. "should i get a check-up or something?"

"here," a glass of water slides through your table, and something finally settles inside you– what, rather, who you were looking for. 

he looked so awfully familiar that it pained your heart– without knowing the reason why. and as you meet his eyes, you have never felt any more excruciating pain.

tears formed in your eyes, then the first tear drops, but it was just the first of many.

he only stares at you– not in confusion nor in the same way you were looking at him, and it happens again.

it was as if you have seen him before, but not quite sure– so you just found yourself mumbling whatever what your heart wanted to mutter out.

"i finally found you."