Chapter 3 - Escape

Picture of Dracula >>

The plan had been set. Darkness had already begun to settle when Mina had left her brother. She was to stay at the hospital overnight, because of Seward's concern. Yanking the covers off, she crept out of bed, holding her silver blade that glinted in the moonlight. The door to Seward's bedroom creaked on its rusty hinges, she cringed. A sigh of relief swept over her at the sound of his snores. Grabbing the key off his table she quietly ran to her brother. Unlocking the door she noticed Renfield out of bed and waiting.

"Come on," She urged him. He followed her out of the doorway and out of the hospital. The blade was forgotten as it dropped from Mina's shaking hands. She let out shrill scream of fear as a cloud of bats rushed towards her. The sound was ear shattering, a thousand jagged knives piercing the cool night air. A looming figure created itself out of the bats.

"Master," Renfield gulped.

An icy hand roughly gripped Mina's throat. A haughty laugh tumbled from Dracula's lips, his eyes glowing red with delight. Salty tears rolled down her cheeks. To Dracula to see her so petrified, so terrified it filled him with a feeling that was so great it was unexplainable, yet addictive. His fangs grew so that it would lightly graze her neck where he could see the purple vein pulsing.

Although he had always been loyal to his master. For Renfield to see his sister close to losing her soul, brought back his own feeling of pain that he had not felt since before Dracula. His family came first, even his two -minute younger twin sister. His eyes frantically searched for the pure silver blade that Mina had dropped. As though he had sensed his train of thought. Dracula released her neck, her frail body crumbling to the hard dirt. Using only one hand Dracula forced Renfield's body into the hospital door. The wooden door snapped. His body ached as though all of his bones had been broken. An incredible roar bubbled up his throat as his bones began to crack back into place. Dracula ignored him and returned to his sister whose body was violently trembling in horror.

Like a bullet had been released from a gun, a shot of adrenaline rushed through him. Crawling on his hands and knees, he searched for the blade. Because he was partly vampire, the silver burnt his flesh, the sickly smell scenting the air around them. Standing on his own two feet, Renfield drove the blade into Dracula's back. Pulling it out with some force as he sliced off Dracula's head. It was an appalling sound as the blade made impact with the bones. The sickening crunch and unstoppable pour of fresh ruddy blood that stained his hands and clothes. He heard his sister retching in the background, as Dracula's lifeless body fell to the ground. The sun slowly began to rise, Dracula's body turning into nothing but a pile of grey ash before ascending into the sky to hell.

***

A/N: HAS NOT BEEN EDITED

Also please comment and vote!