Chapter 18: Yup its on

Yeah I'm updating twice so check the chapter before this too
Kudos enjoy!

It's a short one.

"So what are you going to do now?" Tony asked Pepper as he slowly stroked her naked back.

Pepper shrugged and snuggled deeper into his chest. She began to drift into sleep, but before sleep won, her phone began to ring. She stood up confused and gripped the sheets to cover her exposed chest. She knew who was calling her at that late hour of the night, and apparently Tony did too.

"Hello?" She said quietly to the phone and turned her back towards the billionaire.

"This is Harvey, please don't hang up." Pepper sighed and did as told.

"Why did you call at this hour?" She demanded, her voice steel-like.

"I couldn't sleep because I kept turning things over and over in my mind. I was thinking about what you've said and I -"

"Listen, Harvey, I'm entirely convinced that this discussion is worthless. I don't want to hurt your feelings, understand that, but I'm not that type of woman who imagines herself having three kids by thirty-five. I am thirty-three now, and I couldn't just leave my job just for taking care of a baby. I mean... I'm the head of this company. I'm the one responsible for everything, and I couldn't leave it like that..."

There were a few moments of silence before Harvey spoke.

"Are you sure there's nothing else?" Pepper swallowed. "Do you maybe love... someone else?"

Pepper closed her eyes tightly and almost jumped when she felt Tony's hand on her shoulder. She turned to him quickly before giving him a small smile.

"Maybe I do." She told him and prayed she was right.

"Alright, I... I think that settles everything." Harvey cleared his throat. "Mistake number one: asking you to dance with me. Mistake number two: being blind enough not to see this. I'm just curious... who's the other one?"

"It doesn't matter."

"He'd better be a better man than I am."

"He's not necessarily better than you are."

"Yeah, right... So, um... should I contact my lawyer, set something up with him?"

"That would be good."

"All right, Ginny. I'll have him call you when it's all ready. We can talk over the details later."

"Okay... Bye."

With a small sigh, Pepper set the phone aside before moving back into Tony's embrace.

"Everything's okay?" Tony asked after a few moments. He nuzzled his nose into her hair a little and smiled, though worriedly.

"It's over... I mean... it will be in a few weeks."

Tony exhaled, extremely happy about it. He knew that as soon as Pepper would be done with that man, he'd ask her to marry him. Or... he'd give her a few more months to get used to her old surname before he'd ask her to me Mrs. Stark.

"Let's hope." He whispered and kissed her softly.