Chapter 20

Momma Joe and Ta'hyla finally arrived in Philadelphia the next day, pulling up to the Sprewell residence. Lovetta opened the door. " Hey momma!" " Hey baby, good to see you!" Ta'hyla side eyed Lovetta, acting nonchalant . " Well hello Ms. Ta'hyla." Lovetta clapped her hands. " Hello momma." " Hmmph." " That attitude still ain't change." Ta'hyla rolled her eyes. " Yo muthafuckin boujee ass, ain't change either." she thought  

After, the three went to see Leon. He was lying supine in his bed sniffing and groaning. Josephine,  bent over to kiss her son in law. " Hello Leon. He waved his hand, weakly. "Wasup Leon." Ta'hyla acting petty. Josephine nudged her. " Fix yo self." she said vexed. " A'ight Ima stop." " Hello daddy."  " He's doing a little bit better." " His fever has gone down, and his lower back pain isn't as bad." Lovetta explained. " Well Ima keep him in my prayers." " May the Lord be with him....... right TT?" " Yeah of course ." 

As time went on, Ta'hyla got ready for the Valentines Day party. She threw on a cherry red sweatshirt, light blue jeans, rocking all black Timberlands. In the mist of changing, Julissa knocked on the door. " Come in yo." " Hey TT!" " Ready to party?!" " You know it bitch." Ta'hyla said rolling her neck. " Oh Ju, I got somethin to show you." Julissa sucked her teeth. " Whatchu got to show me?" " We bout to be late yo." Ta'hyla reached in her suit case, pulling out her engagement ring. 

Julissa admired the large ring. " Damn, how much jewelry Tango, gonna give you?" " Look closer my girl." Julissa gasped. " Oh my God, you muthafuckin serious?!" Ta'hyla tried to quiet Julissa down. " Shhh!" " Nobody know, and I want to keep it that way." Both girls giggled in excitement. " ooo girl, I'm most def, gonna be yo bridesmaid, nobody else." " Oh course, ho" " No question." "But damn..... 16 is young though."  Ta'hyla then shrugged her shoulders. " Well..... we gonna wait till I'm 18." " I can't wait.... my future husband, Turahn Emerson." Julissa giggled. " Y'all cute together." " I'm really happy." " Now let's get to this party."  

The Valentines party at Chafonda's house, was packed. Teenagers from all over North Philly were there. Chafonda's parent were out of town, so she had the whole house to herself. While the two friends arrived, Julissa rung the doorbell, Chafonda came opening the door. " Hey y'all!" " Wasup!" " HI Fonda baby!" Julissa jeered. "Hey, nice to meet you girl." Ta'hyla introducing herself. " Sorry I couldn't make yo Sweet Sixteen." " Shit, don't even sweat it." " What matters is you here now." 

" Yo Fonda where da liquor at?" Julissa asked anxiously. " Downstairs in da basement." " I don't want any alcohol in the kitchen, so my parents could find out." Ta'hyla like usual, was being observant, looking around eyeing people she knew from school. She went to the kitchen, pouring herself a cup a fruit punch. Before turning around, a hand griped her shoulder. 

It was local basketball legend Terrence Stoudamire. A short but talented young man, who was now a sophomore at local, Temple University." Hey TT, was good ma?" Ta'hyla shook her head. "  Hey star..... whatchu doin wit us youngins? " Shit, I love all da parties." " Besides, I'm tryin to get wit Chafonda older cousin." Terrence said licking his lips. " Oh a'ight, but yo keep doin yo thing at Temple." Ta'hyla said walking away from him. " Most def baby." " Mmmmm that bitch is still fine." Terrence thought smoking his blunt.  

Ta'hyla went down to the basement, where all the teens were dancing to the loud rap music The song "She Will" by Lil Wayne ft Drake, blasted through the speakers. A couple of guys asked to dance with her, and she accepted the offers. One young man asked for her number, but Ta'hyla quickly replied with " I'm in engaged son.... sorry."  Hours went by and things were starting to get boring.  Ta'hyla went upstairs to go look for Julissa. Using her brain, she headed to a room, where Chafonda and Julissa were last seen in. 

'' Excuse me Chafonda?" Ta'hyla said knocking on the door.  She heard some light moans from the room. Chafonda was receiving oral sex, from her boyfriend. Ta'hyla gently opened the door. " Oh shit!" Ta'hyla whispered closing the door.  Right then and there she found a boy from her neighborhood. " Yo Trishawn, you seen Ju-Ju? " Yeah she in da bathroom throwin up." " I told her not to mix dat Grey Goose and E&J." " She be buggin yo."  

" A'ight cool, good lookin out." Ta'hyla went to the bathroom across the hall. There, she found Julissa sitting near the toilet, with vomit still on her mouth. " What the fuck?"  " Yo Ju, wake up nigga." Ta'hyla said jarring her awake. " Ohhhh, not so hard bitch.." " My head hurts like like hell." Julissa groaned. " I told you about fuckin wit dat liquor." " Muthafucka don't lecture me." " Tired of you actin like my moms and shit." " Uh excuse, you got da nerve to be arguin...... yo ass can barely stand up."  " Come on get ya tall ass up." Ta'hyla ordered trying to get Julissa on her feet. 

"Ima call for a ride." Julissa said still a little hazy. " Good idea." " Aint no way we walkin this late anyway." Minutes later the girls ride has shown up. " A'ight Fonda, we out yo." Ta'hyla said dragging Julissa out, by her feet.

" Thanks for coming out, yall get home safe." Once outside, Ta'hyla noticed a familiar car parked on front. " Why that car, look familar?"  "Oh its Loochie." Julissa answered. Ta'hyla became enraged inside

" Why da fuck her stupid ass do that?!" she thought. " Get yall young asses in here!" Loochie demanded. " Yo was good witchu Ju? " You sick or somethin?" " Had too much to drink." Julissa responded weakly. " Shit I know you better not throw up in dis car..... ya ass can get thrown out."

" Dont trip Looch... she'll be fine." Ta'hyla leaned over and whispered. "Hey!" " You just had to call this nigga huh?! " Well shit, I ain't want my dad seeing me drunk is all."

" Again, stop lecturing me." " I'ma big girl." " Well start actin like it, by using yo big head." "Like I told you before, I think Looch is plottin on me." Julissa frowned. " You sure you wasnt drinkin too?" " I'm serious fool." " Ay what yall brats talkin bout back there?" Loochie wondered.

" Nothin yo, just get me home." Julissa replied. Finally they arrived at Julissas home. "Come on Ju, let's hurry before yo dad wakes up."

After successfully getting Julissa inside promptly, Ta'hyla slowly walked to Loochies car. She could've walked home, given her house was only 2 blocks away, however Loochie had other plans in mind.

" Hurry up little girl ain't got all night, shit!"  " Uh I think ima walk home yo." "Nah fuck dat, some nigga got hit up, near the store, get in now."

The two speed off. Loochie drove around several streets, before pulling into an alley. Ta'hyla was beginning to get nervous, yet  Neddy always taught her to think with a clear head, during trouble.

Loochie turned the car off, sitting for a few seconds. " See here little girl..... I gave you one chance and one chance only, to complete a simple task." " Make the call and have Skully wiped off this muthafuckin earth.

Now since you forgot how to follow directions,  this nigga is runnin wild out here, robbin my spots with his crew, costin me money!

Ta'hyla sighed heavily. " I'm sorry yo.... but the plan was sort of jaded. Yo boys are known to be sloppy." They botch the set up, next thing you know they snitchin on me." " I just don't trust them  niggas."

Loochie huffed. He held out his right hand. " See this tattoo right here." " Go head look at it." Ta'hyla  leaned in. Suddenly Loochie slammed her head on the dashboard. " Goddamn nigga!" Ta'hyla bellowed holding her forehead.

" That's right." " The tattoo means Trust in Japanese." Loochie then opend the glove department, pulling out a Desert Eagle. He cocked it back, putting it to Ta'hylas face. " I put too much trust in people over the years, but now, its gettin to the point where all dat gonna change."

" Sounds like a you problem." Ta'hyla said mellowly. " Damn right." " See I trusted yo ass for a long time. " I loved the fact that you was much smarter than all this kids on the block... even at 11." " Knew  how to get money, show flex, solve issues,  but see yo  problem you little bitch..... "you too smart for yo own good."  he said pressing the gun harder to her face.

" The only thing I had is for you was the streets." " Hell, I wasn't even tryin to, deal with yo underage pussy." "So know this.... it ain't over." "Don't ever think cause you live in da burbs, you cant be touched."

Ta'hyla folded her arms. " Yeah I figured it was you, havin yo girls threaten me and my grandmother." " Thought I wasn't gonna find out?"

Loochie laughed. " Big paws on a lioness cub." " You just too sharp." "  Remember what I said.... it ain't over."  " Nothin is gonna save you... not even some bitch ass basketball." " Now get out and walk.... Don't care if you get hurt out here."

" Fuck you." Ta'hyla snapped getting out the car. Was Loochie right? Could basketball save her from all past actions? Should she tell Tango, knowing his  street rep? All distractions were coming full surface.