Amnesia - Taeyong

Oneshot! FemReader x Taeyong

Life really is a strange thing, isn't it?
It's always full of twists and turns, and hurtles that sometimes you can jump over, but others are way too high.
What I didn't expect was to encounter one of those large hurtles, in what seemed like a such a simple yet intricate relationship between you and me.
Especially since everything had been going perfect, Taeyong.
It all started on our anniversary, so let's start from there.
"Taeyong babe! Where the hell are you!" I asked through my phone, grabbing my car keys as I left the apartment.
"I'm at the airport, security isn't letting me through. For some reason they're looking through all my stuff." Taeyong whined.
"Did you accidentally bring food with you again- you know they won't let you!" I said, sighing as I half smiled, connecting my phone to my car as I begun to drive.

"Sometimes they let me have it! I'm sure they won't keep me for much longer - I declared the food, don't worry. They won't charge me or anything." He said, the sly smile on his face evident through his tone of voice.
"They better not! You come back for our three year anniversary and you get stuck at the airport by security! Seriously Taeyong you are an idiot." I grumbled.
"But you love me~" He cooed.
I scoffed. "Yeah I do. I'm almost there, so get them to hurry this up." I said, heart pounding with excitement.
Me and Taeyong had been on a long distant relationship for the past year, due to our differences in schooling and our choices for our future.
Taeyong was supportive of my decision to stay in our hometown, whilst he moved to Seoul, becoming a choreographer and song writer for many popular groups and artists.
Meanwhile I stayed in the town I grew up in, becoming a local photographer, working with people at their weddings, as well as things like pet photoshoots.
Life seemed to be weaving itself perfectly, no thread out of line.
As it should be.

I sat waiting in the Airport car park for ten minutes, before getting out my car, paying for parking and running inside.
Then I saw him coming down the escalator, and as his eyes caught mine, his face cracked into a huge smile, as he ran forward as fast as he could, capturing me in a tight hug.
"I missed you so much." He breathed out, kissing me across my nose, cheeks and ears.
"I missed you too. Happy three years." I whispered, kissing him back.
We wandered out to the car, as I drove him home.
"You've kept this place so neat and tidy." He said in awe.
"I kept it how we had left it." I chuckled.
"I have a surprise for you, but firstly, I need to take you out for lunch. Get changed into something nice." He smiled, as he walked into the bathroom, luggage with him.
I sighed, a smile never leaving my face, like a lovesick teenager.
I got changed into a skirt, and a simple white tee, changing into nicer shoes.
It wasn't much, but I had no idea what Taeyong defined as 'nice'.
He would say I looked nice either way.
When I came out, he was wearing a dress shirt and pants.

"Beautiful as always." He said, smiling to me.
"Says you, Mr 'I'm effortlessly handsome'." I chuckled.
"Oh really Y/N, you're the beautiful one of us both." He said, taking my hand and kissing it, as we left the apartment hand in hand.
He took my car keys, driving us to the restaurant.
We ate happily, smiling and grinning, talking about our current living, and about the past as well.
"Do you remember our first date? It was so awkward." Taeyong chuckled.
"You were so intimidating! I honestly was confused as to why you wanted to date me." I chuckled, embarrassed at how I used to act.
"You were adorable. I always admired your passion to everything. Just because I was popular, didn't mean you were invisible." He chuckled.
"Good thing I wasn't, huh." I smiled, holding his hand from across the table.
"Do you want to go out for dinner as well? I hope it's not too much. In the meantime we can go to the arcade! That was the date-"
"Where we became girlfriend and boyfriend." I interrupted, chuckling.
"Of course we can."
So we payed our bill and left, body never losing touch with one another.

When we arrived at the arcade, we played all the familiar games, reliving the bliss of the past, when we still teenagers, now being young adults, more responsible.
"This game used to be so easy. Gosh I'm rusty." I whined.
Taeyong rolled his eyes, placing his hands over mine.
"You move like this. Left, left, up, down. That's how you win." He said, his face hovering over my shoulder.
I turned and gave him a kiss, him getting flustered.
Then I lost.
"Look you made me lose with your beautiful face!" I whined jokingly.
"You're the one that turned and kissed me baby." He said, pulling me close to him as he kissed me properly.
He looked at his phone.
"Shit the reservation is at 6:30. Come on! I had to book like months in advance, this place is crazy busy." He said, pulling my hand in his.
"We haven't spent our tickets!" I whined.
Taeyong paused, running me to the desk.
"One of those, please." He pointing to the glow ring.
The man behind the counter nodded, taking some of the tickets, passing Taeyong the ring.
Taeyong slid the ring onto my finger.

"That's me promising we'll come back and spend the rest. Now let's go!" He said, as we rushed out to the car, smiling and giggling.
As we were driving, Taeyongs hand stayed on mine.
"I love you so much, you know that?" He said.
"I bet I love you a lot more." I said.
"No, I definitely love you wayyyy more." He smiled.
Then as we were pulling forward at the green light, my heart stopped.
A car pulled out from our left, ramming into our car, sending it spinning.
Taeyong gripped onto my hand as he tried to gain control, but he couldn't.
We rammed into a tree, and everything went black.
When I awoke, there was a lot of blood.
The tree had mainly hit Taeyongs side of the car, along with the dent from the other car.
He was practically trapped.
His hand was still wrapped in mine, as he sat there unconscious, unmoving.
My whole body hurt, as I tried to pull him out.
But there was no reaction from him.
"Taeyong babe.. wake up.. we'll be late for dinner.." I whispered, feeling tears start to spill.
Nothing was every perfect.

The ambulance appeared, pulling him away on a stretcher, taking me with him, except I was just sitting in the back, watching him as his chest rose slowly, before falling again.
He was in hospital for at least a week, before they let me see him.
He was in an induced coma, due to the puncture in his lung.
They didn't want him moving, so they said it was necessary.
It was one call within these dreadful seven days that sparked hope in my sorrowful heart.
"He's awake."
I had never rushed to the hospital that fast.
I rushed into his room, looking to him.
"Baby thank god you're awake!" I said, going and grabbing his hand.
He pulled away from me.
"I'm sorry, but who are you?"
My smile vanished that instant, my heart breaking.

"Babe are you being serious.." I whispered.
"I'm sorry ma'am but I don't know who you are. You have the wrong room." Taeyong said, looking at me in confusion.
I pulled out my phone, showing him a photo of us both.
"We've been dating for three years. Don't you remember?" I said, on the verge of tears.
"No I'm sorry, I really don't." He said, shaking his head.
The nurse came in with his clothes in her hands.
"We cleaned them so you can take them home for him." The nurse said, leaving.
I picked his dress pants and shirt up, a small box falling out the pocket.
I picked it up, flipping it open.
My heart shattered.
It was a proposal ring.
That's when I fell back onto the chair, tears falling down in rivers.
"Why.. everything was perfect.. just why.." I whispered.
The doctor came in.

"I'm sorry Ms Lee, but he seems to be suffering from amnesia. I have no idea how long it'll last, but you'll have to help him to trigger some memories. My guess is it will take at least six months to get him to remember everything." The doctor said. "I am so sorry."
With that the doctor left.
I let out a sigh. "I can't remember life without you Taeyong, and now I don't even exist to you."
He smiled weakly. "I don't remember you, but I want to. Tell me everything."
So I did, and it was like we were starting all over again.
But I would try what I could, to get you back. I would try everything, Taeyong, because I love you.