Dot Vs Rattle Snake

Main Characters Involved : Y/n and Dot

"DOT" you whisper shout in a panic, not taking your eyes off the snake that was staring daggers at you "DOT.... come over here please!"

The two of you had been trekking through the dense forest, in attempt to find a cave, an over-cliff, or something the group could use as protection against rain and hard winds. After a bit of walking, you had noticed some sort of over-cliff  a couple meters ahead and decided to check out the place and see if it was a good enough space to make camp. 

"Hey Dot, im going to go ahead a bit, just to check something out. Is that okay with you? I know how uptight you are about the buddy-system, but ill be fine, I'll still be in plain sight of you." 

"Yeah go ahead, its a free country" Dot replies , "Just don't fall into a hole of something" 

You manage to walk 70 meters or so towards the over-cliff with Dot slowly following behind you, until  the slight sound of a baby rattle stops you dead in your tracks. Taking a deep breath already knowing the shit you just walked into, you slowly turn your head to the right and look at the snake that was aggressively rattling the tip of its tail. It had perfectly camouflaged itself into dirt and sand paths, that if it wasn't for the sound of its warning, you would've walked right into it. 

"Whats up Y/n?" You hear Dot shout back to you sounding a little questionable from the sound of your voice.

"D-Dot... there's a snake"  you say staying trying to remain as calm as possible even though you could feel the quiver of your lips after every word "A fucking rattle snake right beside me" 

"Shit" Dot said pausing for a couple seconds to think of what to do, "just don't move, okay? Don't move a muscle" 

You know when people say everyone has a "fight or flight" response? Well screw that you think to yourself. In this situation, you can't fight but you can't take flight either. You're just stuck. After what felt like forever, you could hear Dot's approaching footsteps slowly getting closer closer, cringing at every twig that snapped under her foot. It felt like forever, before you could see Dot inching out to your right, behind the rattle snake, yielding this long stick. All you could do was stare at the texan as she began to raise the stick over her head, winding up to strike a blow.

THUD!

In the span of time it take for the the stick to miss the snake by a millimetre, the snake lunged forward form its coiled position on the ground snapping at you, causing you scream and spring back with terror in your eyes.

WHACK! 

"You fucking piece of reptile shit" Dot starts to scream out, landing a successful blow on the snake.

WHACK!!

"I was supposed to be in fucking Hawaii. The 50th fucking state, at an aromatic therapy massage!" She continues to scream, with a single tear running down her cheek

WHACK!!

"Not in this fucking hell scape trying not to die!"

Dot was almost hysterical by now. A mess of tears, fury, hurt, and sadness. It was something you thought you'd never see from her. It was daunting... seeing the most selfless and sensible person you've ever known to finally break down, and you not being able to do anything about it. All you could do was sit in shock, watching Dot unravel, until she dropped the bloodied stick, and sat down in silence.

"Dot?" You inch closer over to the girl who was visibly a shaken from the events that had unfolded. "My night in shining armour" you joke lightly not knowing what else to say, causing her to chuckle at your comment.

"You okay?" 

Dot chuckles, wiping the tears from her face with her sleeve "Really not the place I thought I'd end up" 

"Agreed" you smile back, carefully wrapping your arms around the girl and pulling her into a hug that lasted for a couple minutes. 

"Thanks Dot. You know... if you were on Survivor, I'd totally think you'd win the million dollars" you say before pulling away from the hug, ignoring the intense burning sensation in you leg.