Chapter 16 - Caught in a 'Net'te

All eyes rested on Bruce, who was taking deep breaths to regain his cool.

"So what have you found out?" Bruce asked and the group burst out into explanations.

About an hour had passed, when a BEEP had caught the family's attention.

Bruce kept diverting his gaze to Damian.

"Is that the murder alert?" Carrie asked, timidly.

"No. I set an alarm for us to leave to the location," Barbara answered.

"So, we just suit up and leave now?" Jason asked.

"Yes," Bruce acknowledged, before directing a final sympathetic glance at Damian, who caught the glance.

Bruce got up and stepped into the Cave.

Damian looked pointedly at Barbaraas if to ask, 'What just happened?' She just shrugged.

__________________________________________

The family was paired up again not based on their research partners except one pair...

Robin with The Red Hood....again
That just spelled disaster.

Iris, Helena, Bruce and Selena chose to stay behind and monitor the team from the Cave.

"So we just wait for her to arrive?" Stephanie, who was Batgirl at the moment asked into her com.

"Yes,"Barbara, suited up as Oracle answered, "We just surround the cafe and wait for her to arrive."

Red Robin and Nightwing led the capture. They positioned each member of the superhero team, strategically, based on their strengths and weaknesses.

Robin, Batgirl, Oracle and Nightwing were the only ones who entered the cafe and hid in the storage space, which was huge,to say the least.

They checked their watches in unison. It was almost time. They had a minute before one in the morning and they knew she would be there any second now.

And she didn't disappoint...

_________________________________

At exactly 1:07 AM, they heard a rattle and in came a figure dressed in black, entering through the backdoor, dragging a jute gunny bag behind her.

Night-wing alerted the rest of the team of her arrival.

Lady Justice was in front of them, ready to commit her last murder!

Bat-girl was ready to charge in, but was stopped by Robin. He gestured for her to wait.

LJ stopped at a lone chair in the storage room, that was as big as a warehouse.

She dumped the sack onto the chair, untying it to reveal an unconscious woman, who was gagged. They recognized her as Daisy.

Dick gestured for the team to react, as he saw Jason enter the space swiftly, the way they had planned earlier.

The team discreetly surrounded her, while she was busy trying to conjure up a weapon to kill the woman. Her back was turned.

"Freeze!" Damian exclaimed, "You have been surrounded!"

She paused. Then, turned around with a prominent smirk on her face.

"If it isn't for the Bat family," she mocked, "I was expecting you."